SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Miracles that follow the plow : true power of God working in my life

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
Yeshuasboy

Northern Rockies, BC, Canada

Re:

Quote:

PaulWest wrote:
The mind is indeed a bloody battleground, with enemy artillery being fired daily from old strongholds that haven't yet been razed. It's a frightful, deadly war - with sneak attacks, smokescreen ambushes, and false surrender flags to lure God's unsuspecting soldiers into kill zones. Often a stray image will trigger an assault, and other times your mind will just suddenly begin mulling over shameful things you said and did in the past. They fall upon you at once, with no warning, like a sudden freak hail storm on a beautiful summer day. All you can do in these situations is hunker down low, and pull those ever-victorious scriptures out of your heart. I liken these heavy surprise attacks to a kind of spiritual air raid: they quickly darken your sky, invade your air-space and blitzkrieg your mind with horrible, shameful bomb-thoughts. When this happens, the important thing to do is not panic! It's only a temporary raid, and one which God has authorized to keep you in army boots and hone your swordfighting skills. When the bombs start falling, immediately unsheath the Word of God in your heart. I have a dear hymn that I love to sing during these fearful firefights with Satan's squadrons. Perhaps you know it: "I Must Tell Jesus." Never once have I begun quoting scripture and singing this hymn where the battle lasted more than a few minutes. I see the clouds dissipate, I see the enemy bombers scramble and retreat, and once again I am left safe and strengthened beneath the mighty pinions of an angel of the Lord.
Brother Paul

Thankyou Paul for your beautiful and Spirit-inspired analogies. It seems the Lord Himself has been urging me on into territories unknown to me, where ungodly flames arise in the arena of my mind to discourage me from moving forward.
Your quote above reflects that as written in James 4:7 - "Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you."
Please remember me in your prayers that God will continually enable me by the power of His Spirit to press onwards by placing my faith in Him and not myself.
The Lord bless you and keep you,
richie :-)

2006/10/14 22:39Profile
crusader

Australia:

for real

thats a good analogy brother i agree

when i look at my choices i can, run back to my homeland and live a life of self indulgence and false peace without God or i can walk forward into the battle field knowing that the truth and victory is on the other side. although going through the battle field can be unsettling this is what i must go through. to take my cross up daily and fight the good fight. my eye's are no longer focused on the battle it is focused on my lord and changing into his image.

it's funny because this morning i was trying to relate my spiritual battle into todays scenerio but could not put it into words for others to understand. where as you have grasped it all and put it how it is.

p.s everyone who has posted on my thread please know that i have placed your words upon my heart and it is blessing me every time i see a response. it is like i am a thirsty soldier in the heat of the battle and you guys giving me a cold drink of water to revitalize me. not only does it keep me alive it gives me strength to continue.

thanks karl 8-)

2006/10/15 1:11Profile
crusader

Australia:

Re: for real

goodmorning all

last night at church God hit my heart really heavy. when i was worshipping him he asked me to bow my knee, as i did this my tears and zeal for the lord where so heavy on my mind that i couldn't stop speaking in tongues. when i arose the lord blessed me. i then put on the armour of God in the spirit and lord showed me my spirit man plated in a shiny Gold armour, and when i looked at the sword in my right hand it was so sharp. the action of my spirit man was focused on sharpening the sword.

the analogy of this was i must keep the word of the lord sharp with in my heart and to be always in season.

the church last night asked me to join in their church as an evangelist which is something lord has worked in me over the last 15 years but now i am ready

2006/10/15 18:09Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy