SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Facing the Giants

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread

Facing the Giants

If you folks have not seen the movie "Facing The Giants", I highly recommend it. I saw it this weekend with my offensive coach, and we are planning to take as many players from our team as want to go this weekend.

It's a football movie with a very strong Christian message. It shows a coach stepping up and making a stand for Christ. It shows a faithful servant of God walking the halls of a local school praying for all the students. It shows revival among the student body. It's a good movie.

It's obvious that this was a low budget movie, and the actors are not going to win any oscars... but I did get caught up in the movie. It's very inspiring. I think when Hollywood takes a chance on a movie like this that we should all go out and financially support it and show Hollywood that a movie can be successful without having all the trash in it.

Here's the link to the movie's website, which has trailors on it that you can watch:

http://www.facingthegiants.com/

Now you all can see what I do every year from August 1st until mid-November! There are many times when I can identify with the coach in this movie.

And the people in the movie are southerners! Another good thing about this movie!

Krispy

2006/10/10 6:41

Re: Facing the Giants

I haven't seen this film and probably wont for a while as i live in the UK but i have seen many clips. One particular clip moved me to tears.
You can watch it here [url=http://www.sermonspice.com/page/giants/]Facing the Giants-Sermon Spice[/url]
You will find on this page you have the option of watching many clips. Scroll across to the one called 'Pray for Revival'. Its a very encouraging and moving scene for those praying for revival.

2006/10/10 7:22
lovegrace

Re:

One of the people that help write and/or direct it was one of my local Christian Radio Station guys.

http://thejoyfm.com/

I've heard GREAT testimonies from numerous people but still haven't seen it.

2006/10/12 18:47Profile

Re:

Ever wonder what the real giants are in our life that guard the promised land?

:-Drm

2006/10/12 19:46
Spitfire

I took my 10 year old son and a friend of his to see this movie this afternoon and we were stunned at how wonderful it was! We laughed and cried and cheered through the whole movie.

Krispy says,

Quote:
It's obvious that this was a low budget movie, and the actors are not going to win any oscars...

But I felt that the woman who plays the coach's wife (Shannon Fields) did an awesome job. I suppose she was able to pull it off because she is a coach's wife in real life. I also thought Alex Kendrick (who plays the coach) did a great job. These aren't actors folks. These are real people who decided to make a movie about God getting the glory when we live by faith.

Do Not Miss Seeing This One! It'll make your day. Dian.

2006/10/13 18:21Profile
only1jwamh

Re:

Quote:

These aren't actors folks. These are real people who decided to make a movie about God getting the glory when we live by faith.

Do Not Miss Seeing This One! It'll make your day. Dian.

yes.

2006/10/13 18:34Profile
crusader

Australia:

thanks crispy

i live in australia

i watched the clip and can't wait to see the movie
sure beats alot of the other garbage which hits our cinema here.

karl

2006/10/14 19:05Profile
rookie

Coach wrote:

Quote:
And the people in the movie are southerners! Another good thing about this movie!

I guess you are tired of the yankees winning all the championships...

God Bless
Jeff

2006/10/16 4:26Profile

Re:

Quote:
I guess you are tired of the yankees winning all the championships...

Well, as I recall... the Yankees got knocked out of the play-offs last week! (Of course, the Braves were out long before that)

Krispy

2006/10/16 7:14

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy