SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : A Necessary Shaking

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Micaiah

A Necessary Shaking

Howdy to everyone!

A few years ago I was given a very precious gift. It was a black CD case filled with sermons. Little did I know that the precious words contained in this case would birth a longing and an anointing and a breaking and a deep love that I had never known. The case sat idle in my bedside drawer for many months because I was ignorant to what it held inside.
Finally, one day when my 2 year old was down for his nap, I ventured to look inside the case. I had never heard of any of these men before. All of their names where foreign to me. After much consideration, I decided to listen to a sermon entitled, "Ten Shekels and a Shirt." You can only imagine what took place after this. Our Holy Father shook me like a flimsy reed. I was laid out and totally bare before the Holy One of the universe. I had never heard preaching like this before....
Next, after a few days of soul searching a deep meditation on the words that had so pierced my heart and soul, I put in a sermon entitled, "The Judgement Seat of Chirst" from a man by the name of Leonard Ravenhill. Again, I truly had an Isaiah 6 experience. On and on, I continued to listen to these precious sermons that I had been given in this black case which also included David Wilkerson, Art Katz, and A. W. Tozer. I began not only to see the LORD, but commune with Him! Halleluiah!!!
I am deeply indebted to the one who gave me this black CD case, but even moreso to these amazing selfless followers of Christ. Their devotion to Him has sharpened me and spurred me on in Christ...but I must say, I have truly experienced isolation, rejection, and the like from some of my closest friends. Nevertheless, my desire is for all to "Behold the Lamb" in His glory and majesty, and in my case, it required a tremendous "shaking" that left me totally useless apart from Him.
Again, many thanks to the work put into this wonderful site that encourages believers in their worship and adoration of our LORD!

Much love.
Jill

2006/10/9 15:24Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re: A Necessary Shaking

Hi Jill,

Remarkable, very much a similar expereience first coming here. Have you listened to the Revival Hymn yet?

2006/10/9 15:34Profile
Micaiah

Re:

Mike,

Yes! I thankfully have listened to this amazing compilation. I have burned that baby for many. Some respond so wonderfully and gratefully. Others say something like...that was interesting.

Thank you for the recommendation. It's fabulous!

2006/10/9 18:56Profile
Repur

Georgia

Re: A Necessary Shaking

Thanks for sharing, Jill. Hearing your testimony encourages me to give out more sermons, even when the people don't seem too interested at the time. My mom is big into giving sermons out, but even she has gotten discouraged at the lack of interest among God's people, so I will pass your testimony on.

Erica

2006/10/9 19:11Profile
Micaiah

Re:

Sweet Erica,

Bless you and your mother for passing along truth who are in desperate need to hear it...which is all of us! Recently, I burned many copies of a Paul Washer sermon which is incredibly convicting and moving and handed them out to many people. I wanted everyone to hear this powerful word of God. It was encouraging as well as saddening to hear responses from various people. A few girls called me weeping...praise God! Others acted totally indifferent or even angry and really have not had much to say to me since. All this to say, there are those who will receive and those who will reject. May God have mercy apon us all!
Love,
Jill

2006/10/9 20:47Profile
Repur

Georgia

Re:

I'm sorry to hear you've received the same response from Christians that my mom and I have. That has been the most discouraging and deflating aspect of truly seeking after God. The closer I draw to Him, the further I find myself from Christians around me. There's nothing so heartbreaking to me than to see a so-called Christian be too busy with life (the mundane), to be interested in the Life! But Jesus never said following Him would be an easy path, so we press on. Thanks again for your encouraging words.

Erica

2006/10/10 12:56Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy