SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Voice of the Martyrs

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
boomatt

fredericksburg, Virginia

Voice of the Martyrs

So I just got finished last night reading Richard Wurmband's book, "Tourtured for Christ," and since Voice of the Martyr's are coming to my church on Wednesday, I would like to sound off on this great ministry.

"Tourtured for Christ" has to be one of the greatest pieces of christian literature I have ever read, it has challenged me, and exposed me for what I am, a carnal christian. I highly recommend everyone pick this book up a read it, if you havent already.

2006/10/9 9:39Profile
andres

texas,brownsville

Re: Voice of the Martyrs

amen, read it and weep

2006/10/9 18:13Profile
ChrisJD

Philadelphia PA

Re: book: Tortured for Christ

Hi boomatt,

Quote:
it has challenged me

I hear you! I count it a privilege to have read this book and to get a glimpse as he says, of the beauties of the underground Church. I think one of the strongest questions that came to me in reading the book is, [i]do I have that?[/i], [i]do I have what they had?[/i].

The Lord Jesus asked

Quote:
[b][size=small][color=660033] For if they do these things in a green tree, what shall be done in the dry?[/color][/size][/b]

2006/10/9 19:47Profile
rocklife

usa

Re: Voice of the Martyrs

very challenging testimony to see Jesus' cross being carried in such a real way. I am thankful for their testimony, very challenging and eye opening.

"anyone who does not carry his cross and follow me cannot be my disciple." Luke 14:27 Jesus says.

p.s. just to put it out there, Voice of the Martyrs has a free monthly newsletter at www.persecution.com- see "VOM'S FREE monthly newsletter" around the sign up area, and occasionally they offer the books Tortured for Christ or Jesus Freaks for free. God is good, Jesus is worthy.

2006/10/16 1:00Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy