SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : What is lacking in your walk with Jesus?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
Yeshuasboy

Northern Rockies, BC, Canada

Re:

Quote:

The solution is obedience. John 15:10: "If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father's commandments, and abide in his love." Can't get any simplier that this.

ginnyrose

I believe to an extent this is true; however, I really believe that if you love the Lord with all your heart you will obey His commandments with the help of His Holy Spirit...Should not His will be everything to the true saint? Is not obedience a result of simple faith? And has not God given His children each a measure of faith?

Really, my problem is me...not God or anybody else, nor any circumstance that comes my way...no, self, my will, or my lack of unbelief that has hindered my relationship with the Lord. So, I put my faith into the finished work of Christ Jesus, and trust in the leading of the Holy Spirit.
But still even so, He knows me far more than I know myself....Lord help me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

richie

2006/10/7 6:21Profile

Re:

Quote:

ginnyrose wrote:

Head knowledge is totally inadequate. There have been people who knew next to nothing about the Scriptures but had a vibrant walk with the LORD. Then there are those who know it very well who say they are atheists.

The solution is obedience. John 15:10: "If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father's commandments, and abide in his love." Can't get any simplier that this.

ginnyrose

It does take a bit of the revelation of Jesus Christ, doesn't it? ;-)

2006/10/7 6:23
Repur

Georgia

Re: What is lacking in your walk with Jesus?

I definitely agree with Joy; what's lacking in my life is a passionate love for Christ, which comes out of a more full and complete revelation of Him. I know I cannot love Him if I do not know Him, and how I long to know Him fully! Oh to fully obey the greatest commandment: love God!

2006/10/9 19:24Profile
death2self

Washington DC area

Re:

I'm praying for a greater burning in my heart for Jesus to abide in Him, to obey His commands, and simply be his servant (his duloss slave). Although I spend a number of hours daily either in prayer or in the scriptures, I have a heart that is desperately seeking a deeper revelation of Jesus.

I know that most evangelicals do not believe in the doctrine of "entire sanctification" but I'm seeking this with all of my heart. Wesley taught that justification and sanctification were both by faith alone and I'm trusting Jesus to finish this work in my heart.

2006/10/11 11:10Profile

Re:

Quote:

Repur wrote:
I definitely agree with Joy; what's lacking in my life is a passionate love for Christ, which comes out of a more full and complete revelation of Him. I know I cannot love Him if I do not know Him, and how I long to know Him fully! Oh to fully obey the greatest commandment: love God!

What's the holdup? ;-)

2006/10/11 11:48

Re:

Quote:

death2self wrote:
I'm praying for a greater burning in my heart for Jesus to abide in Him, to obey His commands, and simply be his servant (his duloss slave). Although I spend a number of hours daily either in prayer or in the scriptures, I have a heart that is desperately seeking a deeper revelation of Jesus.

"......gird up the loins of your mind, be sober, and hope to the end for the grace that is to be brought unto you at the revelation of Jesus Christ" 1 Peter 1:13 (KJV)

8-)

2006/10/11 11:52

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy