Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : My Brother Will in Iraq

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
boomatt

fredericksburg, Virginia

My Brother Will in Iraq

Hi guys,

I have had a couple of people PM me about my brother, and his status. So here you go, and thank you so much for your prayers.

Well, my brother left for Iraq back in mid-August, he is with the 2nd LAR in Rawah, Iraq currently serving with the 2nd marine division.

He called last Saturday and left a message, and said that he is doing good, nothing too crazy yet, but they are really bored, and really hot. Soon they will be setting up checkpoints throughout the city, continuing what their predecessors (sp?) had done right before them.

Thats pretty much all I heard from him, but I ask that you all continue to pray for his safety, and his safe return. He is also not a christian, so I please ask that you first and foremost, pray for his salvation. I will keep you all updated when we hear from him..

Also, we send carepackages out to my brother every few weeks, and I want to see if any of you guys want to write him a letter of support and to show that we care and are praying for him, he doesn't have many friends, and I know that would mean a lot to him. If you like, you can write him a letter to my email address, and I will print them off and send them to him. His name is William, or Will for short.
My email is boomatt@adelphia.net
thanks for your prayers

Matt

2006/10/5 8:57Profile
KindGottes

Tulsa, Oklahoma

Re: My Brother Will in Iraq

Dear Matt,

I will pray for your brother´s safety and for him realizing his need for salvation!

Be blessed
Bea

2006/10/6 2:38Profile
boomatt

fredericksburg, Virginia

Re:

Hi guys,

My mom just hear from my brother this morning.

She says that he is terrified. They have moved him from their base in Rawah, Iraq, to a checkpoint site in Al Rutba. A couple of weeks ago, two people from my brothers company were killed, one of them, named Rosales, was a good friend with my brother, since they went to their technical school together. He didn't even hear about Rosales Death until today when my mom told him, he started crying on the phone..

Please Please pray for my brother, he says that he saw two guys in his platoon yesterday get hit by an IED, luckily they survived, but their LAV is badly damaged..No more fixing vehicles for Will. Its now checkpoints, where they are getting fired upon daily.

We are sending another package out within the next few weeks, so if anyone still wants to send him some letters of encouragement, please email me at boomatt@adelphia.net with the letter and I will include it in with the package.

Please pray for his salvation, and the Lord's protection over him. Also, please pray for my mom, that she remains sane in this troubling time...

thank you

2006/10/14 10:23Profile
mamaluk

Re: My Brother Will in Iraq

done, brother, will continue to pray, no worries, all in God's merciful Hands ! pls thank Will again for me..

In Christ,
mamaluk

2006/10/14 11:01Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Prayers

Hi Matt,

Will keep Will, yourself and your Mom in my prayers...

2006/10/14 15:08Profile

Re: Prayers

Will also be praying for your brother, yourself and your mum in prayer...

2006/10/14 15:43

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy