SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Welcome & Intro : Hiya

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Munchkin

London, Ingerrrland

Hiya

Hey, everyone. I'm new, so I don't know how this all works yet, but I was wondering if I could ask a question? I'm in London, and my church is having a magic show, performed by "a Christian magician"... I also found a feather tied to a ring outside, so I know the church is being cursed, but as a relative newcomer, I have no authority, (St.B's is unbelievable hierarchical and popularity-centric) and when I sent an email to the woman who's arranged the magic show (she's, incidentally, the director of the youth church and kids' church) I gave Leviticus 19:26 and Deuteronomy 18:10 but she ignored the email, and have been told I'm being "over spiritual" by someone else... what are my options? I've prayed about it, but I'm such a new Christian, I don't know what I can do, if anything. I wanted to go to the show, sit at the back and pray, cover everyone there in His blood, but I'm aware of the likelihood of coming under attack and, again, I've only been a Christian for 6 months, so I still find spiritual warfare scary. Any advice would be muchly gratefully received, as the only Christians I know go to St.B's and no-one there wants to hear any of this.

Sorry if this is the wrong place to post this. Many thanks, though. God bless. Mx

2006/10/4 10:32Profile
MSeaman

Michigan

Hello

Welcome to SI! I hope you find all sorts of things to bless you here. I can't answer your question, so I will leave it to someone wiser than me.

:-)

2006/10/4 10:45Profile
HeartSong

Re: Hiya

Hi Munchkin. Welcome!

First of all, I would NOT attend the magic show. You do not have to be present to pray, nor do you necessarily have to do it while it is happening.

Always remember, if it is His will, God intervenes in response to our prayers, but we must be patient and let Him do the work. At times He will want us to do something, but we must be [u]sure[/u] before we act (if you are unsure, do nothing) because this is where Satan can find a way in due to our pride ([u]"I"[/u] helped). Remember, in your prayers, to ask that God's will be done (not yours) - He may have a reason for something that you are unaware of and with God, all things happen in their season.

Here are some sermons by Zac Poonen that will help you understand Satan and how he works. Poonen also has some very good sermons on prayer.

https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/visit.php?lid=8018
God's Word Helps Us Overcome Satan
https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/visit.php?lid=8073
Don't Believe Satan's Lies
https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/visit.php?lid=4265
How Satan Became Satan
https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/visit.php?lid=4270
Overcoming Satan
https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/visit.php?lid=4276
The Church That Overcomes Satan

Prayer is [u]VERY[/u] powerful. If you tell someone that you will pray for them, make sure that you do because that in itself is a witness - God can use you to show someone else His power.

You are in a difficult situation. Just remember to trust Jesus and lean not on your own understanding. I will pray for you, the church that you attend, and the magic show.

In His Love.

2006/10/4 12:05Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re:

Hi,

Welcome to SermonIndex. The answer to your question is simply leave the church. A church that is allowing things like that to happen really is not a good spiritual atmosphere for growth. I know there are many Calvary Chapel churches in England, they simply teach the bible as it is, I would recommend you check one of them out.

Here is where you can browse and find calvary's near to where you live:
http://maps.calvarychapel.com/map.cfm?ll=-16.17%2C36.59%2C15&Type=International

I do encourage you to listen to some audio messages from this site also. Right click on the sermon title below and choose "save target as" to download it to your computer:

Ten Shekels and a Shirt by Paris Reidhead

2006/10/4 12:37Profile
HeartSong

Re:

Munchkin,

Greg is right. You need to grow in the right atmosphere. Also, you probably shouldn't listen to all of the Satan sermons at this point in time. You need to focus on Jesus - not Satan.

2006/10/4 13:33Profile
Munchkin

London, Ingerrrland

Re:

Thanks very much. Is a blessing to have found people to share this with.

Heartsong, you're so right about not putting too much focus on the enemy. Surely it empowers him if he knows we're placing so much importance on him. Am gradually realising he's not the cheeky funster he'd have us believe and is solely here to lie and destroy, but compared to Jesus, he's an insignificant non-entity. Tis most comforting. Thanks for replying. Am really grateful.

Sermonindex (you created the site...?) have already made plans to go to another church this Sunday. It's run by Bishop Reid, who was mentored under Demos Shakarian. It's live, filled with The Holy Spirit, and witnessing miracles virtually every Sunday. Can't wait!

Have you read The Bait of Satan, by John Bevere? In it he says that under no circumstances should someone leave their church... as far as I recall, there were no caveats, either. Everyone who follows Jesus seems to have their own slightly individual idea of how to react to different situations. It's confusing. Thank you for replying, though, cos I was on the same page and feeling "bad" about leaving, so your saying to move on is really helpful. Thanks loads.

2006/10/5 22:46Profile
HeartSong

Re:

Dear Munchkin,

Quote:
Everyone who follows Jesus seems to have their own slightly individual idea of how to react to different situations.

Just make sure that you are always following Jesus and never another individual - it is so easy to stray. If you read His Word and pray, He will faithfully lead the way. LOVE Him!

In His Love,
Laura

2006/10/5 23:36Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy