SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Revivals And Church History : Girolamo Savonarola (1452-1498)

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
RobertW

St. Joseph, Missouri

Girolamo Savonarola (1452-1498)

[b]Among the First Modern Day Revivalists[/b]

He is little known among many, but Girolamo Savonarola was a man who 'felt' the times in which he lived. A.W. Tozer once said that [i]scholars interpret the past, but prophets interpret the present.[/i] Recent events of the last few days have made me think upon Savonorola. This man was no doubt ahead of his time or as some have said [i]a root out of a dry ground[/i]. One statement he made sticks with me above all others, he once told the sinful people of his times, [u]"Your sins doth make me a prophet!"[/u]

What effect does the sin of our times have upon us? As of this morning 5 little Amish girls are dead from gunshot wounds believed to be to the head and 5 others cling to life. A little one room school house in a peaceful community intruded upon and ravaged mercilessly at the hands of a ruthless man. "YOUR sins doth make me a prophet!" said Savonarola. When we see highhanded disregard for innocent life- what effect does that have on us? I can speak only for myself, it makes me want to simultaneously weep and howl and scream "REPENT!" at the same time. What urgency? What stinging of the conscience? What shaking from slumber? What will it take in our times to really get a sense of urgency?

2006/10/3 13:40Profile
Forevidence

Riverside

Re: Girolamo Savonarola (1452-1498)

This is an amazing challenge brother. I was reading just last night the bio sketch from Ravenhill's book 'Sodom Had No Bible' of this Godly man and was marvelosuly impressed by the Holy Spirit to model after this sort of life.

2006/10/3 14:01Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy