SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : What happens when you overdose on SI sermons and now your pastor seems dull? =)

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
listen

Re: What happens when you overdose on SI sermons and now your pastor seems dull? =)

Glory I will praise the Lord, sometimes you just need to get sick and tired of being sick and tired and then you are motivated, motivated to do what you had been putting off for just the right time… What God really looks at!

U took the words right out of my mouth they are not there to entertain you, how ever that is what we are accustomed too. THEY ARE GOD’S MOUTH PIECE.

The bible speaks about esteeming those who God used when you first heard the Gospel. David Wilkerson, Paul Washer, Zac Poonen and so forth are they the speakers that God used when you first heard the Gospel? Did they lead you to Christ? Did they tell you that your name would be written in the Lambs book of lives and when you turned your back on him and went back to your drinking and your night life, were they praying for you? Were there words ringing in your ears? Did they lay hands on you and prayed for you when you were first Baptized in the Spirit? I don’t think so :-)

They are God’s mouth piece and when your Pastor Speaks whether it be as an encouragement or reproof there is always a Fresh Rhema word that goes forth. It may be in the beginning or it may be in the middle or even often times in the end, but it’s there don’t miss it, don’t miss your word.

Listen

2006/10/2 12:31Profile
ccchhhrrriiisss

Re: What happens when you overdose on SI sermons and now your pastor seems dull? =)

Hi Santana...

I understand what you're talking about. I used to be a part of a moderately large Church that advertised that they "have programs for everyone." Ironically, the programs were typically controlled by the same small group of people. If you were not involved with the programs, you were not seen as an important member of the Church.

So I did what every other "good Christian" would do. I "got busy."

I eventually became so involved in the Church that I spent nearly every day involved in some sort of Church function. On Sundays, I attended services (and at one point started a children's "bus ministry" that eventually picked up about 450 kids). On Mondays, I attended prayer meetings. On Tuesdays, I attended "College and Career" ministries. On Wednesdays, we had our mid-week meeting. On Thursdays, I attended Bible studies and helped at the local Chi Alpha Christian Fellowship. On Fridays, our Church held "revival meetings." On Saturday, we held visitation (and there was many other events always going on). This does not include all of the music practices, play practices, special meetings, etc... As you can tell, the Church liked to keep people busy.

Currently, I attend a much smaller (but growing) Church. While the Church is limited in its resources, it is not limited in the presence of God. I've been more blessed with the three instruments at this new Church than the entire orchestra at the other Church. While this new Church is certainly interested in winning the lost, they don't attempt to achieve "growth" through expensive social means. There are certainly a few programs at the Church -- but they are purposely limited so that the "Church" does not attempt to replace your own family. The Pastor is much more concerned with your spiritual welfare than your physical attendance. It took a while for me to get used to the "peace" at this Church -- but I am glad to not feel pressured to be involved in multitudes of "official" Church functions.

As for the messages -- I agree with Mike. You should offer your pastor a CD or DVD of the messages found on SermonIndex. Explain to him how you have been blessed by those messages. You might be suprised to find that he could be just as deeply impacted as you were!

Regardless, I will be praying for you!

:-)

2006/10/2 13:34Profile
RobertW

St. Joseph, Missouri

Quote:
Now when I go to my home church and hear my pastor speak...I hate to say it...but I'm bored.

I think it is important to also understand that when a pastor is close to God they are sensitive to what the Lord is saying to that local church. This has less to do with the eloquence and grandure of a wonderful message and more to do with what the Lord is saying to the congregation [i]right now[/i]. The message itself may sound quite 'lame', but the issue at hand is the content. What is God saying to me in this message?

Always remember also that God did not call your pastor to compete with Ravenhill or some of the other ministers on this site. Their roles are somewhat different than these other men. The pastor is to seek God for a word from God to the congregation. There are specific needs that the people have that cannot always be addressed in carefully crafted messages. I am all for deep teaching and expository preaching. But lets not get confused. Sometimes the Lord has a simple word to say from a simple person who is not of excellent speech.

God Bless,

-Robert

2006/10/2 14:44Profile
Santana

Re:

This helps out a lot. I truly believe it is I that has the problem, =). What my pastor speaks is the Truth and like everybody said, continue to pray for the man. Thank you.

2006/10/2 16:34Profile
lovegrace

Re:

"He said, "It's time for you to grow up, and take responsibility for your own faith." " Diane (Roadsign said)

Wow. That's crazy.

2 suggestions to the orginal question, to be simple:

*1.* [b]Share what you said with us with your pastor.[/b] Sometimes in leadership you get so far in the 'heavenlies' (really your pride, mostly) that you can't see that your missing, by far, in the natural. Basically, your pastor could've lost focus with God's vision for the church and is more concerned about his own will and not God's.(Not complete rebellion, but still possible to stray a little bit from the orginal plan)

2. (This is after reading RobertW's post) [b]Consider moving to a different church.[/b] God might not have called you to that church. Might have, but He might not also. Maybe this particular church isn't where your supposed to be.

And either way, I still recommend Diane's(Roadsign) post. "Bring a concordance with your bible and do a short study on what your pastor is speaking about."

Blessings and may God lead you and your pastor to say continually in the presence of God.

2006/10/2 17:17Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy