SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Revivals And Church History : What revival is not.

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Danielcourtney

Statesville, Nc

What revival is not.

Today on the radio and TV I hear preachers of all kinds saying "America and the world is in one of the greatest spiritual revivals the world has ever seen." "More people are accepting Christ and being saved than ever before." That's what they say. They look at the numbers of those who have made "decsions" for Jesus and assume that because those numbers are raising that we are experiencing spiritual awakening. Folks this is a lie. Just because people are submiting themselves to the humantistic messege that 90% of the "church" is preaching and "asking Jesus into their hearts" the church has blinded her eyes and called these, selfish and spiritually dead unborn again so-called believers, Saints. Just because someone has said a pray does not mean they are automaticly born again. As to say quote,"If you just said that prayer then you are a child of God you are now born-again" If you are a child and are born again there must have been pain. No birth comes without pain. If you are born-again it came about I'm sure with much pain and trevail.
I had a dream the other day that I was on a Christian talk show along with one of the prosperity preaches of our day. When the host was interveiwing him he kept talking about how America was in the midst of this great revival and saying that more people are coming into the Kingdom then ever before. He went on and on about this mighty move of God that was going on. When the host interveiwed me and asked what my thoughts were the only thing I could answer was,"There will never be any revival in America until we get rid of BANKRUPT PREACHING". We must throw out this false Gospel that is being preached. If we are ever going to see True Revival we must stop preaching the "Jesus loves you and has a wonderful plan for your life Gospel" Jesus is angry with sin, so angry that those who are found guilty will be sentenced to eternal HELL. (Some plan God has for your life.) We must instead preach righteousness, judgment, and the Law. We must stop trying to sugar coat the Gospel and instead of talking about the wonderful things Jesus will do for people we should warn them of the horrible things that are to come.

Revival is not a nation full of people claiming to be Christians that instead of following the Master, mock His name by doing, saying, and approving of the same things their so-called master condemned.

2004/1/30 18:51Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re: What revival is not.

Excellent brother,

Think your dream was beyond mere brain wave activity.
I wonder if we heard the same radio program today, if it was, it sure had me perplexed as well. Thought maybe I wasn't following his reason or that I came in late and missed something, kept waiting for him to say "[i]but..."[/i] and it never came. Strange, I usually have appreciated his thoughts, where this all came from escapes me.

I think the message from Andrew Strom (Nashville message) is on the mark. His thoughts being that a coming revival is going to be along with judgement and I don't see it happening any other way.

The western world has become so 'fadish' that I am frankly terrified what it may take to sustain any true revial, and why would the Lord pour out His Spirit on a people that would chuck it in a minute when the next gadget, program or other human concotion comes along?

My fears were realized when 9-11 happened. I wrote up a piece somewhere right after and wondered out loud how quickly all these people that were flocking to the churches would still be around in a year or two. A huge portion of that belongs on our heads, for the very fact that you stated; "BANKRUPT PREACHING".

We need some prophets. Some John the Baptist's, Some Elijah's...Maybe a Jonah, someone who doesn't want to even save this corner of the world, who would rather that God just destroy the whole lot of us, maybe they would listen to him.

2004/1/30 19:27Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re:

Here is another post worth repeating:
[url=https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=932&forum=40#4882]Brownsville, Pensacola: Toronto Or Not? by Andrew Strom[/url]

2004/1/31 5:53Profile
flyfishing

I truly am a little confused because i had come to the conclusion that a lot of toronto was not from god. But brownsville i have heard good things about except this article. I have seen rodney howard browne in person. NOT Impressed, he tryed to get us bible school students to laugh spontaneously.. WE were not buying..

I recently saw browne on tv actually seeming to say that he had contact with his daughter in the afterlife..

Brownsvilles doctrines seem to focus on the cross from what i have heard.. Where toronto people are instructed not to sing to Jesus..

2004/2/12 2:52Profile
girlofGod07

Quote:
We must stop trying to sugar coat the Gospel and instead of talking about the wonderful things Jesus will do for people we should warn them of the horrible things that are to come.

I don't claim to know much. But I do know what the Word of God says. And I believe that is what the church needs to be preaching today..THE WORD OF GOD. So no, we dont need to stop telling people about all the wonderful things Jesus will do for them. Cause He does them! And He wants His people to tell others about them. And yes, we do need to tell them the horrible things to come. Cause that's in the Word too. The church needs to stop taking a "one-way street" and only preach half of the Truth. For a few weeks my Pastor preached on "The Reality of Hell" and the next few he was preaching on God's promises and His wanting us to "prosper and be in good health even as your soul is getting along well" (3 John 2) and "by His wounds we are healed" (Isaiah 53:5).
I dont know if that all makes sense or not but people need to hear the Truth...all of it. And I pray I present that to people when I talk to them about God. God bless!
a dedicated servant of my Savior,
meghan

2004/2/21 20:18Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy