SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Miracles that follow the plow : Prayer for Direction

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
moreofHim

Prayer for Direction

Hi everyone!

I am really seeking direction right now. A couple of you may know that I have been interested in maybe opening some type of small women's fitness center. This has been on my mind for years but I know the Lord had to bring me through alot of brokenness and healing before I would be able to even touch this. It would have all been 'flesh" if I had pursued it on my own. This dream or idea has always been in my heart but now for different reasons.

I have such a heart for women who struggle with some off the same issues I did.(body image strongholds, food issues, self-image issues) I also have a heart to help those who don't know where to look for answers when it comes to exercise, eating in moderation, keeping their physical bodies in good health. Ideally I would like to open a simple, basic gym for women only (with childcare)- but also offer classes such as weight loss bible studies, etc... I would love to be able to speak words of life and encouragement into the lives of women, also speak words of truth to them, in order to counter the lies of the world (such as "you have to look perfect")

I thank the Lord for the knowledge I have gained over the years in this area- but I am more thankful for what He has done in my heart to bring me where I am today. I feel as though I am sitting here with this knowledge and not using it to help others in a tangible way. Now, maybe that is the Lord's will. I am not positive that this is where He wants me to go. But I have to take a step of faith and find out. (I guess if I can get a loan for it- then I'll know :) )

I would so appreciate it if you would keep me in your prayers about this--for direction and that the Lord's will is done in my life. I only want what the Lord wants for me. I have layed this "gym" on the altar many times and He knows that I want "Him" and His will more than any gym or dream that I might have. Who knows, maybe He has something else for me that I don't know about and that's why He's really not giving me much of an answer about all of this. I have been waiting for a distinct answer from Him but now realize that I must take a step first before I'll know anything.

In His perfect love, Chanin

2004/1/30 12:35Profile
InTheLight

Phoenix, Arizona USA

Re: Prayer for Direction

Chanin, I will join you in prayer on seeking God's will concerning this matter.

I do have one comment though.

You wrote, " I feel as though I am sitting here with this knowledge and not using it to help others in a tangible way."

I heard you mention that you have some young children. I'm sure you have considered this but I just wanted to remind you that it is certainly God's will that you pour your life and knowledge into those children. You are using that knowledge to help your kids in very tangible ways every day. Remember Jesus told His disciples to begin in Jerusalem.

In Christ,

Ron

2004/1/30 13:17Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
I would so appreciate it if you would keep me in your prayers about this--for direction and that the Lord's will is done in my life. I only want what the Lord wants for me. I have layed this "gym" on the altar many times and He knows that I want "Him" and His will more than any gym or dream that I might have.

Lord Jesus, please work in Chanin's life, give her confirmations that this is your will for her to start the gym. All she wants is your glory and to serve you Jesus, have your way in her. AMEN.

I will continue to pray Chanin, be encourged you are being used tremoundsly by the Lord, you have been an encouragement to me personally and your site. And WOW, your daughter seems to be raised in the Lord well, you are making a HUGE difference! :-D

2004/1/30 14:52Profile
moreofHim

Re:

Thanks guys! I will post this as I posted it for my subscribers who also prayed for me. Ron, I have to say that what you said did witness to me and confirmed what the Lord showed me. :-) Greg, I don't want to leave you out. Your comments were just more encouragement also. :)

~~~~~~~~~~
I want to thank you all for your prayers!!! The Lord heard all of you because last night I got my answer about "direction". I had a very specific dream that showed me a few things.

1. That I was still "under construction" in this area.

2. That this might open too many doors to my past strongholds.

3. That vanity is still involved- at least on my part.

4. Most importantly- that I still need to be there for my children as much as possible. I have one who is in pre-k, one in 2nd grade, and one who is in 8th and will be going to high school next year.

I am very blessed to have good intuition and listening skills with the kids. I am always very aware of everything that goes on in their lives. I watch their emotions, listen to the way they say things, and can detect problems before they are really problems. I can get a spiritual lesson to them about something right when they need it. I realized that being so busy with a business at this time, I might really miss out on picking up on these things.

I know as mothers, we are to "prophesy" to our children (teach them, discern everything, and lead by example). My own wants and dreams and needs can not get in the way of this. These are three lives (potential great Christian leaders) I am dealing with and must remember that everything I do or go through is not about me but really could be about them and the effect I have on their lives.

This is only a season in my life and praise God that there will be another season for me after this one. Though I know the Lord has plans for me to use me to affect other women's lives- it may not be brought to fullness until I'm done focusing so much on raising my kids to be strong Christians. Who knows- this dream may become a reality in a few years- but not for now.

I can honestly see where there may be problems with going back/hanging on to some stronghold areas in a gym-type setting. It may be like an former alcoholic working in a bar. ha ha.

I want to thank you all who prayed and responded with support. I am also very thankful that the Lord chose to show me all that He did before I made a mistake at this time in my life. I would hate to be responsible for the "spiritual neglect" of my children. Here is one comment that was given to me that really witness to my spirit at this time and confirmed my dream:

[I heard you mention that you have some young children. I'm sure you have considered this but I just wanted to remind you that it is certainly God's will that you pour your life and knowledge into those children. You are using that knowledge to help your kids in very tangible ways every day. Remember Jesus told His disciples to begin in Jerusalem.]

May the Lord give you all direction in your own lives. May He make his will known to you in every detail so that we can all become living examples of Christ in us.

In His love, Chanin

2004/1/31 10:10Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re:

Bless you Chanin.

Came in late on this, but what an encouargement and an example you are to us all.

A flood of scriptures come to mind, but perhaps just a few:

Col 3:15 And let the peace of God rule in your hearts, to the which also ye are called in one body; and be ye thankful.

Mat 6:33 But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.

1Ki 3:5 In Gibeon the LORD appeared to Solomon in a dream by night: and God said, Ask what I shall give thee.
_______

1Ki 3:9 Give therefore thy servant an understanding heart to judge thy people, that I may discern between good and bad: for who is able to judge this thy so great a people?
1Ki 3:10 And the speech pleased the Lord, that Solomon had asked this thing.
1Ki 3:11 And God said unto him, Because thou hast asked this thing, and hast not asked for thyself long life; neither hast asked riches for thyself, nor hast asked the life of thine enemies; but hast asked for thyself understanding to discern judgment;
1Ki 3:12 Behold, I have done according to thy words: lo, I have given thee a wise and an understanding heart; so that there was none like thee before thee, neither after thee shall any arise like unto thee.
1Ki 3:13 And I have also given thee that which thou hast not asked, both riches, and honour: so that there shall not be any among the kings like unto thee all thy days.

2004/2/1 4:32Profile
moreofHim

Re:

Thanks so much Mike. I appreciate those verses. :-)

2004/2/1 5:02Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy