SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Revivals And Church History : What is Revival? What do you say revival is?

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Danielcourtney

Statesville, Nc

What is Revival? What do you say revival is?

I'm just wondering what revival is to everyone.

2004/1/29 18:47Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re: What is Revival? What do you say revival is?

The word revival itself presupposes that there is declension. So if something is dead or dying it needs to be revived to be brought back to life, the life it should have. The Church needs revival! it needs to be brought into the fulness of Christ, mature and in unity through love.

"My dear people, do we have any conception of what revival means? When God steps down to take the field and reveal unto us the darkness of our own hearts."
-Christian

Revival is God having His proper place in His people. God become an all consuming fire in our lifes.

2004/1/29 19:03Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re:

Revival is a sovereign act of God upon the church whereby He intervenes to lift the situation completely out of human hands and works in extraordinary power, states Geoffrey King in his booklet Rend the Heavens. His concept of revival strikes a harmonious chord in my heart as to the nature and nurture of divinely appointed revival. While seasons of refreshing are appointed by God, I am convinced that any corporate body of believers or Christian can experience the spiritual reality of walking in the Spirit on a daily basis.

It is the purpose of this ministry to see the character of Christ formed in believers. Such themes as the Indwelling Christ, How To Walk in the Spirit, Knowing God, and Practicing the Presence of God, among others are preached to provide a biblical foundation that is conducive for the Spirit of God to produce Christlikeness in the child of God.

Furthermore, another objective of this ministry is to witness the lost reconciled to Christ. One of the evidences of the Spirit's work in revival is a renewed sensitivity in the believer toward reaching the unsaved. Messages such as the Love of God, the Wrath of the Lamb, Divine Chastisement, and the Work of the Holy Spirit in Regeneration are preached during the crusade in an attempt to bring people to Christ.

As great as the desire of this ministry is to see a spiritual awakening, we know that all of our endeavors can not move God to rend the heavens and come down. While it is not for us to know the times or seasons that the Father hath put in His power, we can experience the reality of Christ's presence in our daily walk. It is our prayer that the exalted Lamb will revive and reign in His Church once again.

-Don Currin

2004/4/10 23:52Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy