· Text Sermons
    Christian Books
    Online Bibles
· Video Sermons
· Vintage Images
· Discussion Forum
· Help Support
· Contact Us

Share SI with others - Add a website link or image banner on your website or blog.

Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : David Wilkerson BLASTS false teachers.

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 David Wilkerson BLASTS false teachers.

The below article from Charisma mentions a sermons he preached, here are the 2 parts of this POWERFUL audio message:
[url=http://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/singlefile.php?lid=9]The Reproach of the Solemn Assembly - Part 1 [/url]
[url=http://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/singlefile.php?lid=10]The Reproach of the Solemn Assembly - Part 2 [/url]

------------------------
(Charisma Magazine: October 1999)

In a sermon preached six months ago and circulated widely on cassette tapes, New York pastor David Wilkerson blasts prosperity doctrines, "holy laughter", and the flamboyance of Evangelist Benny Hinn.

In Wilkerson's April 11 sermon titled "Reproach of the Solemn Assembly", Wilkerson warned his 7,000 member Times Square Church to burn books written by any propagators of these doctrines. He also told his parishioners to stay away from Evangelist Rodney Howard-Browne's Good News New York crusades that ran from July 7 to August 14...

In his sermon, Wilkerson leveled blasphemy charges at the prosperity doctrine of Bible Teacher Kenneth Copeland with one mention of Word-Faith preacher Kenneth Hagin Sr. It's an American Gospel invented and spread by rich, American evangelists and pastors, Wilkerson said.

Wilkerson described how one of the speakers at a Copeland conference bragged about owning a $15,000 dog, a $32,000 ring and was selling his 8,000-square-foot house to buy a larger home. Wilkerson says he takes issue with the notion that "the Holy Spirit cannot be poured out until you first are in the money flow."

Wilkerson also attacked manifestations common to modern revivals: "I weep when I see these videos that are sent to me from all over the country. Whole groups of bodies jerking out of control, falling on the floor, laughing hysterically, staggering around like drunkards ... Anything that cannot be found in Scripture has to be rejected outright -- totally rejected," Wilkerson said.

He (Wilkerson) listed Benny Hinn and Rodney Howard-Browne as examples of those who have perpetrated misrepresentations of the Holy Spirit's manifestations..."

(End of Quote from Charisma)
------------------------

"The preacher who is concerned with gaining a reputation, rising in his profession, is always in bondage. The itch for bigness is a dangerous thing. It has made a castaway of many a man whom God once richly blessed. A man should desire to be neither larger nor smaller than pleases God. Better than that, he should not bother at all about how large or how small but rather how faithful he shall be." - Vance Havner

2004/1/29 15:11Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re: David Wilkerson BLASTS false teachers.

Yep.

It's sad.
Recall flipping past Creeflo Dollar awhile back and hearing him brag to his audience about how he was telling his wife that they had now become millionaires.

At who's expense?

[i]Here I found the benefit of a principle which I invariably adopt, of never pressing upon any human being my sentiments or wishes, without an absolute necessity. If a friend be reduced to the necessity of refusing or complying, he will feel grieved: but if, though with pain to himself, he do anything without being importuned, he has a sweet feeling of love excited by that very act; or, it he refrain from doing what you wish, he feels a love to you for not pressing him against his will.[/i] ~ Charles Simeon

2004/1/29 17:08Profile
Chad

JC MO

Re:

Sad, yes, but it's the world we live in. We were warned that people with itching ears would make up their own gospel. Christ is GLORIOUS, not glamorous.
I think it was Constantine who, In Rome in his time, declared it was fashionable to be a Christian... no heart change- just a fad.
I love David Wilkerson!
BUT
I love God more.
May His TRUTH forever regn!!!

2004/5/7 10:19Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re:

I will again echo that sentiment. One of the very few to speak out against all these things. Though we were told it would happen and is happening, we should still snatch all the sheep out of the hands of these that we can.

[i]Here I found the benefit of a principle which I invariably adopt, of never pressing upon any human being my sentiments or wishes, without an absolute necessity. If a friend be reduced to the necessity of refusing or complying, he will feel grieved: but if, though with pain to himself, he do anything without being importuned, he has a sweet feeling of love excited by that very act; or, it he refrain from doing what you wish, he feels a love to you for not pressing him against his will.[/i] ~ Charles Simeon

2004/5/7 12:58Profile
Chad

JC MO

Re:

Of course we should! David Wilkerson is one of my favorites- his fire is awesome.
May God be forever glorified thru our lives.

2004/5/7 15:09Profile

Re: Wilkerson Blasts false prophets

Wilkerson did the GODLY thing in exposing these charlatans for what they truly are in light of Biblical Revealation and revealed truth.

Donnie Swaggart does so presently.

Dr. Joseph Chambers of Paw Creek Ministries does so presently.

In Christ Ministries sends out HUNDREDS of free audio clips and video clips of these false prophets in action (ICM is our Ministry here).

Pastor Daniel Jalbert, a Pentecostal (PAOC) Holiness Minister from Canada does the same; presently.

Pastor Bill Randles Of Believers in Grace Fellowship (ACTS Discernment Team Member) presently comes against those among us who are nothing more than wolves in sheep's clothing.

There are SO MANY out there whose voices may be UNCOMFORTABLE, yet NEEDED.

I give a "thumbs up!" to Pastor David Wilkerson for his stand against the devil and the devil's people.....Wilkerson said these men are WOLVES, and wolves, as we all know from Scripture, aren't Children of God.

Now, though Wilkerson blasted these men, he also said we should be PRAYING for them.

"Father, we now stand in agreement that though these false shepherds are flourishing for a season, we know by Your Woprd that their destruction does not sleep nor slumber, but is nigh at the door.

"Lord, we ask that Your hand of Mercy through Calvary mught come to these men and their followers, that all might come to the Saving Truth which alone is found in Christ and in His Atoning and Redeeming Blood.

"Father God, we ask that Your Spirit of Grace and Conviction would prick the hearts of these pagan men and women who have sold out Your Truth for money, fame and popularity.

"God, we believe that Your Word is Truth, and thus we acknowledge that all who preach any other Gospel than that Gospel which You alone delivered to the Apostle Paul, is cursed and on their way to hell and finally the Lake of Fire.

"Lord, SAVE those within this movement of devils who have given heed to the lie that Christ's Blood isn't saving.

"Save those, Oh God, who have given hed to the lie that Christ burned in hell and paid for our sins there.

"Save those, oh Lord God Most High, who have given way to a false Christ, a false Word and a false Salvation.

"We seek You, God, for their souls, and we stand in the gap for them, as Christ in Heaven does for us.

"We know that Your Will is that Jesus Your Son would be glorified in all things holy, and in this light we ask all of these things, that Your Son might be glorified through the answering of our prayer.

"For Your Glory and for Your Majesty, In Christ Jesus we pray, and believe and ask.

"Amen."

2004/6/19 22:18

©2002-2014 SermonIndex.net Audio Sermons | Google+
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival. | Privacy Policy