SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Welcome & Intro : Kansas City IHOP

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re: IHOP

[url=http://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?viewmode=flat&order=0&topic_id=11579&forum=48&post_id=&refresh=Go]Leaving Kansas City - Andrew Strom[/url]

A past discussion along with some balanced input from a few familiar with the area and the ministry.

2006/9/27 0:42Profile
boomatt

fredericksburg, Virginia

Re:

Mattie,

My Wife and her Grandad, as well as her mom went to Brownsville revival, SHE And her whole family saw nothing but flesh, and no glory to god, And she came from a ultra-charismatic church, not a conservative one.

I have heard too many bad things about this revival, people falling over, etc. Do you think this will truly happen in a revival?

Forgive me for posting this link Greg, but Dave Hunt had support from Leonard Ravenhill and has support from David Wilkerson, and he is on Calvary Satellite Radio, which, as you know, is a part of Calvary Chapel.

Link: http://www.thebereancall.org/Newsletter/html/1997/oct97.php

Link: http://www.deceptioninthechurch.com/pensacola.html

He has seen this footage of people barking and crawling on floors etc.

How can this be a genuine revival?

2006/9/27 8:44Profile
RobertW

Independence, Missouri

Re:

Quote:
How can this be a genuine revival?

I'm not familiar enough with Brownsville to comment, but I would like to point out that revivals have historically suffered from weird people doing weird things. Anywhere the Lord is doing a work you seem to have the enemy trying to get in on the act. The challenge is to stay focused on what God is doing. The enemy likes to bring distractions that derail revival. He wants the leaders preoccupied with stomping out wild fires and dealing with so-called heresies until they can't be about the work. This was true for many preachers, especially Finney. He talks in his Memoirs about people getting so excited that they were on the brink of going literally [i]insane[/i]! He tells about how difficult it can be for folk to handle a move of God. So, we have to be careful that we don't fall into this trap and allow the enemy to stifle what God is doing because all these 'weird' things are happening along the fringes.

2006/9/27 8:53Profile
MSeaman

Michigan

Re:

My Pastor and another lady from my church both were at Brownsville as well. The lady's life was transformed radically at Brownsville and she is on fire for God and living radically for him. My Pastor also said he witnessed God's power there. I'm sure there are others whose lives were transformed by Christ as well.

It is not accurate for anyone to say that every single thing at Brownsville was not of God. God can touch whom He wishes at any time in any place.

2006/9/27 8:57Profile
boomatt

fredericksburg, Virginia

Re:

Thats good that the lady has a zeal for christ.

But was it because of the revival or despite of the revival.

Since it took you a couple of minutes to post back, I think that means you didnt read any of the links. Please read them, you will be disturbed at what you read.

People can get saved out of Benny Hinn's crusades, but does that mean it is an genuine revival? of course not, they were saved despite of that.

God Bless

2006/9/27 9:02Profile
MSeaman

Michigan

Re:

Matt, I have read the links before, I have heard all the bad reports. I've not been to Brownsville, I do listen to Mike Brown. I've yet to hear any sermon from him that isn't sound. If you can give me an example of one, I'll be glad to listen.

I just don't think that it is wise to say that God didn't ever visit Brownsville or that He never poured out His Spirit there.

2006/9/27 9:09Profile
Isaiah64

Re:

Hello Boomatt,

I was just reading over some of the links you gave by Dave Hunt. I respect the man, and thank God for some of the work he has done. However,near the end of one of the articles this is what he says:

Quote:
It comes as a shock to many to learn that the word "revival" does not appear even once in the entire King James Bible. The hope of revival which excites so many today is not even a biblical concept. Ask yourself a few questions: Is Christ not indwelling us? Is He not in our midst each time we meet? Are we not to be filled with the Holy Spirit at all times? Is not the Word of God sufficient? Why, then, run after signs and wonders as though unusual manifestations prove that God is at work, while neglecting what God has already given us? We will return to this topic in the future.

I hardly think that Leonard Ravenhill or David Wilkerson would back him up on this.

The word revival isn't in the Bible but neither is the word "Trinity." Yet we see a Holy Triune God all throughout Scripture. And it is the same with revival. From the city of Nineveh, to Nehemiah, to Hezekiah, to all throughout the Gospels and (especially in) Acts, we see revival--a radical tansformation of lives as a result of meeting God.
It seems Dave Hunt is already biased in his opinion of revival and uses satan's counterfit signs in Brownsville and Toronto to further his attempt to prove that revival isn't needed.

Quote:
I have heard too many bad things about this revival, people falling over, etc. Do you think this will truly happen in a revival?

May I suggest some research on past revivals? Jonathan Edwards, John Wesley and others recount such strange events occuring like uncontrolable laughing, barking, and unusual bodily movements, but made it clear that these manifestations were NOT of God. In fact they were ardently opposed to such counterfeits. Many past revials have been destroyed by such perversions, and I don't think Brownsville was any different. I myself was not there, but after doing some research I have come to the conclusion that the true work of God ended there almost immediately after it began. It might have been because of so many false prophets leading people astray and the fact that many were too immature to even handle a real move of God.

I pray that this does not occur when the Lord moves again. Along with unceasing prayer and complete surrender, we need to be in the Word, and have it in our hearts and minds, ready "reprove, rebuke, and exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine", for we know that "many will not endure sound doctrine."

God bless brother.

2006/9/27 13:49Profile
Azulfire

Washington state

Re:

Can anything good come from brownsville? sounds familier....When spaeking of Jesus....
Jhn 1:46 And Nathanael said unto him, Can there any good thing come out of Nazareth? Philip saith unto him, Come and see.

2006/9/27 14:01Profile

Re: Boomatt

Matt,
why can't you just step back, and let it go?

Quote:
Thats good that the lady has a zeal for christ

Man, we should be praying together right now and jumping up and down for joy that ONE more has come to Christ(upper case C), and that she stay strong in Christ.

Every single revival in the modern era (post reformation) has had LEGIONS (and I use that word deliberately) of detractors and those who wish to denigrate and dismiss such and such revival, kicking against the goads, nothing new, religious sport, so to speak.

But you're wrong, slandering Dr. Michael Brown like that. I read all that stuff you posted, every bit of it, some of it I've read before.

Dr. Brown is a choice vessel of Christ, his teaching is sound, its Scriptural, and it is wrong of you to slander him on this forum It's wrong. period.

Where you go with that is up to you.

Why don't you listen to "Called to Die"?...available on this very website.

May God bless you (I mean that, it's not just some religious send-off..) May God bless you this moment, bartle

2006/9/27 19:33
boomatt

fredericksburg, Virginia

Re:

Quote:
why can't you just step back, and let it go?

Well, because people GET DECEIVED.

What new and good thing came out of The Pensacola Outpouring??????????????

Nothing.

I still cant believe people fall for this fake revival. The next thing I will hear is, that Rodney Howard Brown "The Holy Ghost Bartender" is a holy a just man of god.

Be careful who you listen to, and that is coming from my heart, so that you wont be DECEIVED.

The difference between the revival of Wesley, Finney, etc. is that they would call out the flesh and say it is not of god, in todays revival, the pastors flaunt it, For example, when people wail and bark like dogs, do you hear the pastors denouncing that? NO.

Do you think that John Wesley would say something about that? YES.

The Past revivals focused on the spirit, and truth, todays revivals focus on the Flesh.

And I say god bless to you...

2006/9/27 21:54Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy