SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : HAVE YOU NOTICED...

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
enid

Nottingham, England

HAVE YOU NOTICED...

Is it just my imagination, or does it seem quiet on the forum just now?

I have seen articles by Thomas Brooks, which I love, A.W.Pink and others, go pratically ignored.

They have been read, thank God for that, but had little or no reply.

When the truth is being put forth, we either accept or reject it.

There are articles out there, that we prefer to give our two cents worth for. However, they are usually the more controversial, unimportant ones.

Sub-standard and hardly worth the time to read let alone write.

God help us to live in the light of eternal issues that will focus on God's glory, and the salvation of souls. Stay on track. God bless.

2006/9/25 12:03Profile
hmmhmm

Sweden

Re: HAVE YOU NOTICED...

yes ive noticed so to, sometimes i read an article and just dont have anything to add, sometimes i see the article is very long and i just dont have time to read the whole thing, but sometimes there is some great ones... ive posted some articles one think ohh this one must be much appriciated...but as you say no response or little... but sometimes its hard to add anything to such articles exept a AMEN!

2006/9/25 12:20Profile
mamaluk

Re:

ah..pay no attention to responses, ignoring, skimming, reading, pondering, ....they all belong to the Lord. HE shall draw attention to whom with what and when. We post, Lord willing, because we love HIM and because we love one another, right?
That's what matter. methinks :)

Soli Deo Gloria ! Alwayss !

2006/9/25 12:42Profile
enid

Nottingham, England

Re:

I have noticed that some of the articles are long and not as easy to read as others. I do find online reading hard, but I love to read books.

Still, you can't help but notice when truth is made known, there are few amens.

Silence can mean anything. It can mean pondering those truths, which is good. It can mean, you're not listening, which is bad. Or it might mean you have to read the article again to really understand it.

However, as long as they get read, and we point the finger at ourselves and say guilty, then God can use us. God bless.

2006/9/25 13:50Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re: HAVE YOU NOTICED...

Why do people not post?

Another reason could be they are gone, are working - like I do - and have little time for online reading, much less time for long posts. Having said that, I do not think any should refrain from posting long pieces IF the Holy Spirit is prompting you to do so. If it helps one person, that is good enough. Right?

Blessings,
ginnyrose

2006/9/26 8:48Profile
enid

Nottingham, England

Re:

Even the shorter devotional posts, especially by Thomas Brooks are 'overlooked', shall we say.

The point I'm trying to make is it seems that all the talk we have on this website concerning revival is okay, as long as we don't have to change.

I could be wrong, but when I see convicting, challenging posts, they seem to get ignored. As though to quickly get them off the front page so that we don't feel as 'guilty' about the sins we so love and don't want to get rid of.

Judgment begins at the house of God.

Let's start with a self examination to see if God is please with us or not.

God bless.

2006/9/26 9:00Profile

Re:

Keep in mind school has started and that means busy as well.
Towards the end of this year I will be returning to the states. I can almost guarantee that My posting will go way down. I will be busy providing for my family and going to church etc.

Time is something alot of us don't have.

God bless, john

2006/9/26 9:16
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

Enid wrote:

Quote:
so that we don't feel as 'guilty' about the sins we so love and don't want to get rid of.

Human nature, sister, like it or not. We have this aspect of life to deal with as long as we live, unfortunately. But we keep plugging on....

My grandfather, who was a preacher, used to say he thought when people get old they would have fewer temptations. But he discovered it only gets worse. The reason, he said, is because the devil knows he does not have much time with you so he works harder then ever to get you to fail. So the next time you see an elderly saint, pray for him/her.

Have a blessed day!
ginnyrose

2006/9/26 9:18Profile
enid

Nottingham, England

Re:

I don't know if 'human nature', is an excuse God will accept on the day of judgment, but I guess it's worth the try!

But seriously, we have to call a spade a spade. Or in other words sin, sin.

A broken and a contrite heart God will not despise it tells us in the psalms.

Which can only mean He does despise an unbroken and an uncontrite heart.

God is looking for our humility. Pride will only destroy us now and for all eternity.

God bless.

2006/9/26 9:26Profile
roadsign

Re: What is the Lord REALLY saying?

Quote:
could be wrong, but when I see convicting, challenging posts, they seem to get ignored. As though to quickly get them off the front page so that we don't feel as 'guilty' about the sins we so love and don't want to get rid of.

Quote:
but seriously, we have to call a spade a spade. Or in other words sin, sin.

Putting these two statements together may produce a rather scary kind of stew. Enid, how can you know for sure if your observations are correct? Did the Spirit reveal that to you? Normally the Spirit doesn’t disclose truths to his prophets in probabilities or percentages. He’s usually dead on. And his spades are real spades, not just spade-looking spades. So that’s why, I ask, did the Spirit reveal this to you, or are you making assumptions based on observations? There is a big difference. Really, only rebukes which arise from the Spirit bring Spirit conviction. All other rebukes or generalized insinuations just end up laying on guilt trips. And there are always plenty of those going around.

I’m not questioning your concern. In fact, I’ve felt it too. Yet I refuse to feel guilty for skipping over “good” posts – even for days. I once heard Art Katz say in a sermon, "Be Ye Perfect" that The enemy of the perfect is the good. God’s perfect for me is that Christ lives through me, and that I don’t run on my own steam. God can prompt me to read an SI article if he chooses, and it is my duty to learn to fall in step with him rather then follow after obligations or the expectations of others. I’m not saying I have learned to do that. In fact, I am far from it.

Just today, on the “We Need Revival” thread, the Spirit convicted me of my lack of godly praying for the saints. I am far, far from the standard set by the apostles.

I wonder if the Lord is using your observations to call you, like me, to pray for the saints:

17That the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give unto you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of Him:

18The eyes of your understanding being enlightened; that ye may know what is the hope of his calling, and what the riches of the glory of his inheritance in the saints,

19And what is the exceeding greatness of his power to us-ward who believe, according to the working of his mighty power,

20Which he wrought in Christ, when he raised him from the dead, and set him at his own right hand in the heavenly places,

21Far above all principality, and power, and might, and dominion, and every name that is named, not only in this world, but also in that which is to come:

22And hath put all things under his feet, and gave him to be the head over all things to the church,

23Which is his body, the fulness of him that filleth all in all. Ephesians 1:17-23:

Diane

2006/9/26 13:28Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy