Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Out Of Weakness Made Strong -muller

[b]Out Of Weakness Made Strong[/b]
[i]by George Müller[/i]

Our very weakness gives opportunity for the power of the Lord Jesus Christ to be manifested. That blessed One never leaves and never forsakes us. The greater the weakness, the nearer He is to manifest His strength; the greater our necessities, the more have we ground to rely on it that He will prove Himself our Friend. This has been my experience for more than seventy years – the greater the trial, the greater the difficulty, the nearer the Lord’s help. Often the appearance was as if I must be overwhelmed, but it never came to it, and never will. More prayer, more faith, more exercise of patience will bring the blessing. Therefore our business is just to pour out our hearts before Him, and help in His own time and way is sure to come.

2006/9/25 1:10Profile
enid

Nottingham, England

Re: Out Of Weakness Made Strong -muller

Our own 'strength' subtracts from God being able to show His, therefore denying God His rightful glory.

Paul says in 2 Cor 12...for when I am weak, then I am strong.

This he says because he knows that the power of Christ rests upon him when he is weak.

We need such weakness. For God's glory and honour. To boast concerning His name.

This is a delightful post.

It speaks of George Muller knowing the God that he served, and trusted God to hear and answer.

We too should have such confidence in God. It is not a thing of the past. It is for us today.

God bless.

2006/9/28 1:09Profile
roadsign

Re: The source of strength

Here is a spiritual law that goes against our natural grain. The apostle Paul understood it:

My grace is sufficient for you,
for my power is made perfect in weakness.
Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses
so that Christ's power may rest on me.

That is why, for Christ's sake,
I delight in weaknesses,
in insults,
in hardships,
in persecutions,
in difficulties.

For when I am weak,
than I am strong"

2 Cor.12:9

Diane

2006/9/28 7:35Profile
mamaluk

Out of Joy made strong

Nehemiah 8:10
[b]for the joy of the LORD is your strength.[/b]

The [i]joy[/i] of the Lord, the [i]joy[/i] of the Lord, brings us strength? It is when we are living in the happy realization of our being in Christ, we become strong!

" Rejoice in the Lord always..and again, I say rejoice.." , rejoicing in Christ makes us strong!

2006/9/28 17:15Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy