Discussion Forum : General Topics : belief o matic

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re:

Point taken Jake.

Just hard to relax sometimes when the atmosphere makes you squirm.

Curious, did you take the test?
What did you come up as?

Personally, a lot of the questions were 'couched' (pun intended, this is the 'lounge'..) in strange ways I thought.

I came up the same as Greg, except I beat him in Quakerism by a notch! (must have been that one question I refused to answer!)
:-D

2004/1/29 5:43Profile
philologos

Reading, UK

Re: belief o matic

Jake
You are going to love this. Here are my scores.

1. Orthodox Quaker (100%)
2. Mainline to Conservative Christian/Protestant (91%)

I shall expect more respect from you on my pronouncements on Quaker belief from now on. :-P After all if the belief-o-matic says so...

I think this belief-o-matic probably works out where it thinks I would be most comfortable. Whether or not they would be comfortable with me is another question. :-P

2004/1/29 5:49Profile
moreofHim

Re:

Mike, yeah, there were one or two that I did not answer either. Either because I really didn't know or didn't think it really mattered anyway. :-)

I know sometimes I need to lighten up! With this whole message of repentance it can get to be a little "all consuming". Thinking about how the world and the church is going down the tubes. But once again- where is our focus- on "people" not on Christ.

Christ is building His church- everything is going as planned- that takes the pressure off of me to feel that I 'have to do it"- that i have to make something happen.

Again, I'll say what i said in the post on Dominionism:

I think we need to get the focus off of ourselves, the Church, etc... stop WHINING and focus on Christ. Start living a Christ-like life and go about our business.(What ever God has called us to do).

If we want the world to see a people with God given power- then we should concentrate on living this Christ-like life that has the power to overcome (strongholds, depression, fear, etc...) things they have no answer for.

In Him, Chanin

2004/1/29 5:57Profile

Re:

My results:

1. Orthodox Quaker (100%)
2. Mainline to Liberal Christian Protestants (86%)
3. Liberal Quakers (84%)

Jake

2004/1/29 8:32
three9

Valley of Decision

Re:

yeah... if you were to visit the messageboards after taking the quiz, you would see misguided people. Mmmm... maybe i should post something in those boards.

The whole thing is about "religion," not exactly my kind of thing.

2004/1/29 18:14Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy