SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Theological Lies

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread

Theological Lies

I got this in an email and thought I'd share it. It's sad but true, that these are the types of things preachers say today. Theological lies are more dangerous then possibly anything else.

[b]SEVEN REASONS WHY ETERNAL SECURITY IS FALSE[/b]

· It cheapens Gods estimate of sin
· It is not taught in scripture
· It renders all exhortations to holiness to be irrelevant
· It must "explain away" the vast majority of scripture
· It encourages sinful living and false assurance
· It results in false conversions that weaken the true church
· It is the most destructive and deceptive lie of Satan

[b]TWENTY LIES NOT FOUND IN SCRIPTURE[/b]

1. Once saved always saved.
2. Christians are no different than other sinners, except they are saved.
3. God cannot see the Christians sin because they are covered by the blood of Christ.
4. We can be filthy as a barnyard in body and still be saved and holy in spirit.
5. We all sin in word, thought and deed, every moment and every day.
6. All who have ever fallen away were never saved in the first place.
7. That when one comes to Christ, their sins are paid for past, present and future.
8. You can only lose fellowship with God and not salvation.
9. God would never disown or d**n one of His own children.
10. A sheep cannot become a goat.
11. If we sin we only lose fellowship and not relationship with God.
12. Salvation is unconditional.
13. If salvation cannot be earned it cannot be lost.
14. God will not begin a work that he will not finish.
15. Repentance is not required for salvation.
16. Christians who say we must remain faithful to stay saved preach a works salvation.
17. We can be "Sinning Saints" or "Backslidden Christians" and still be saved.
18. Only at death can we ultimately be saved from sin.
19. Christians are still sinners.
20. I am secure because Jesus paid my sin debt in full.

[b]My thoughts were:[/b]

WILL THE REAL JESUS CHRIST PLEASE BE PREACHED! The one who forgives ONLY sins that are repented of and punishes the disobedient servants!

[b]Alright, bring on the can of worms!! It won't be any more filthy then these teachings!![/b]

2006/9/16 23:46
rookie

Re: Theological Lies

Brother Jesse wrote:

Quote:
Alright, bring on the can of worms!! It won't be any more filthy then these teachings!!

Brother, God calls us to preach the message He has determined for us. Jesus condemned the preachers of His day. Jesus pointed out that sin is what He seeks to save us from in this life. But did Jesus ever bate people into arguments?

I myself have done the same things you do here. I have found that to love, to exhort, to teach takes much more patience, much more longsuffering, much more time. This is something God is showing me. I have not attained, yet I look onward and upward for the call that is in Christ.

This was Jeremiah's calling...

Jer. 1:9 Then the LORD put forth His hand and touched my mouth, and the LORD said to me:
“Behold, I have put My words in your mouth.
10 See, I have this day set you over the nations and over the kingdoms,
To root out and to pull down,
To destroy and to throw down,
To build and to plant.”

There is a time to root out and to pull down, to destroy and to throw down, but then what? To build and to plant.

Brother build and plant also.

God Bless you with all that is spoken of in the beatitudes...

In Christ
Jeff

2006/9/17 4:46Profile

Re: Theological Lies

The incorrect statement: if salvation cannot be earned then it cannot be lost, I will address.

A pastor whom I care for and trust had several times made the statement,"If you couldn't work your way into heaven then you sure can't sin your way out of it."

Everytime I heard him say that I just cringed. We had already agreed to disagree ,(for the time being), before, about eternal security vs losing salvation.
However I decided to aproach him on this one. I explained to him that the statement was an incorrect one to make becuase of how people will easily re translate it to there own destruction. I said it's just not a way to support your eternal security doctrine. It only fuels confusion and ultimatly sin in the saints.
He agreed that I was right and he said he wouldn't use that phrase anymore. God bless, John

2006/9/17 6:29
roadsign

Re: Whatever is true, noble, right, pure, lovely, admirable...

I have learned that my joy and faith in my beloved Lord is not strengthened when smelly morsels of trash scavenged from the dump of stinkin' thinkin' are displayed before me. I say, Leave the dump for the vultures.

Meanwhile I am learning that the Lord can lead me to ever deepening understanding of his pure and holy ways. And so, my trust in him grows, and so does my assurance.

"Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfector of our faith..." Heb. 12:2

Diane

2006/9/17 7:05Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re:

Well said. The can will be resealed. Thread closed.

2006/9/17 11:08Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy