Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Christ in You the Hope of Glory

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Peacemaker

Bakersfield, California

Christ in You the Hope of Glory

I am a mature believer that has always believed in the struggle between the flesh and spirit - ie that we try to walk in the spirit and not fulfill the lusts of the flesh. This seems like basic sanctification "process" of christ-like-ness. However after much reading of Oswald Chambers - I now believe I understand differently - I cringe now when I hear Christians give place to sin and say "oh I am just a sinner like everyone else - just trying to do my best"

Question: Must a Christian sin?

2006/9/16 20:58Profile
JoeA

Decatur, Illinois

Re: Christ in You the Hope of Glory

Quote:
Must a Christian sin?

God forbid. Romans 6:1, 2.

2006/9/16 21:13Profile
InTheLight

Phoenix, Arizona USA

Here's something from Andrew Murray on the subject;

I want to ask you, Can believers live a holier life than is generally lived? Can believers experience the keeping power of God all the day, to keep them from sin? Can believers be kept in fellowship with God? And I bring you a message from the Word of God, in these words: Kept by the power of God. There is no qualifying clause to them. The meaning is, that if you will entrust yourself entirely and absolutely to the omnipotence of God, He will delight to keep you.
Some people think that they never can get so far as that every word of their mouth should be to the glory of God. But it is what God wants of them, it is what God expects of them. God is willing to set a watch at the door of their mouth, and if God will do that, cannot He keep their tongue and their lips? He can; and that is what God is going to do for them that trust Him. God’s keeping is all-inclusive, and let everyone who longs to live a holy life think out all their needs, and all their weaknesses, and all their shortcomings, and all their sins, and say deliberately: “Is there any sin that my God cannot keep me from?” And the heart will have to answer: “No; God can keep me from every sin.”

-Andrew Murray from Absolute Surrender

2006/9/16 22:39Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re:

Brother,

I would ask that you listen to this sermon compilation, it address alot of your questions:

All to Jesus (voice only)

Description: This compilation is comparable to the revival hymn compilation on this site! It features the voices of Leonard Ravenhill, A.W. Tozer, T. Austin Sparks, Alan Redpath, Paris Reidhead and Major Ian Thomas. The theme of this compilation is knowing God and true biblical salvation, listen to this compilation and share it with others.

2006/9/16 22:42Profile
rookie

Peacemaker wrote:

Quote:
Question: Must a Christian sin?

John 8:31 Then Jesus said to those Jews who believed Him, “If you abide in My word, you are My disciples indeed. 32 And you shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.”

John 8:33 They answered Him, “We are Abraham’s descendants, and have never been in bondage to anyone. How can You say, ‘You will be made free’?”

John 8:34 Jesus answered them, “Most assuredly, I say to you, whoever commits sin is a slave of sin. 35 And a slave does not abide in the house forever, but a son abides forever. 36 Therefore if the Son makes you free, you shall be free indeed.

Also

John 8:11 She said, “No one, Lord.”

And Jesus said to her, “Neither do I condemn you; go and sin no more.”

John 8:12 Then Jesus spoke to them again, saying, “I am the light of the world. He who follows Me shall not walk in darkness, but have the light of life.”

In these two conversations, Jesus condemns sin, and also gives a promise.

Only through Jesus can we fulfill what the Lord asks of us. We are saved by His life.

keep on feeding in the Scriptures, find the Life and follow...

In Christ
Jeff

2006/9/17 4:26Profile
hmmhmm

Sweden

Re:

Mat 1:21 And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people FROM their sins.

from their sins..... thats just beutiful...

i belive ravenhill said something like
its not imposible to sin again...
but posible not to sin again...

and who it was that said you are only as filled whit the spirit as you are holy, that i dont remember... but there is truth to that, and as in the comp All to jesus.... where ian thomas says your only so much saved as jesus christ in you ACTUALLY controlling the shots... controlling mind, feelings actions..... that is the measurement whitch you are saved...

i like that song I surrender all....
but when im singing that ....is it really true?
i belive we need to come to that..really really really in our daily practical life.... from the moment we open our eyes to the moment we close them... All to JESUS!!

and i recomend the song by christ our life- living sacrifice

that is what we need to be... lay down our own life.... pick up our cross and follow him.

gods peace
christian

2006/9/17 14:42Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy