SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Dispensationalism vs Covenant Theology

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
GraceAlone

Orlando, Florida

Dispensationalism vs Covenant Theology

Is the Church the continuation if the Old Testament Isreal? Should we baptize babies?

I've got my decision but I'd like to hear some bible!

2006/9/16 17:57Profile
IRONMAN

IN HEAVENLY PLACES WITH JESUS

Re: Dispensationalism vs Covenant Theology

No the Church is not a continuation of O.T. Israel. the 2 remain distinct because God is not done with Israel yet, there is yet to come the time when Israel comes to Christ.

i don't know of any instance in which the scriptures speak about baptizing a baby so i don' tthink there is scriptural support for such. i don't think it to be a bad thing but i think a big problem is that many father's after (and even before) baptizing their children then abdicate their priestly roles in praying for their children and families. i was once guilty of that and that is the problem i have with baptism of infants. the tendancy for the abdication of the role of praying over one's children. The enemy has no shame and has no problem taking hold of a child who is not prayed for no matter how young because that child is fair game.

Parents never stop praying for and over your children.

2006/9/16 19:34Profile
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

Re:

There has always been one people of God throughout all generations- Jew and Gentile. However, "The Church" didn't formerly exist until Christ took down the dividing wall that kept Gentiles from experiencing full identification with the chosen people of God, Israel.

2006/9/16 19:49Profile
roaringlamb

Santa Cruz California

Re:

Baptism is a picture of our burial and ressurection with Christ(Romans 6), thus if a person is baptized they must first show signs of conversion(this is very difficult for an infant to do). Therefore I think that it would be safe to say that baptism should be reserved for those who have repented, and been born again.

Ac 2:37 ¶ Now when they heard this, they were pricked in their heart, and said unto Peter and to the rest of the apostles, Men and brethren, what shall we do?Ac 2:38 Then Peter said unto them, [b]Repent, and be baptized every one of you[/b]in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.Ac 2:41 [b]Then they that gladly received his word were baptized[/b]: and the same day there were added unto them about three thousand souls.

Ac 8:12 But [b]when they believed[/b] Philip preaching the things concerning the kingdom of God, and the name of Jesus Christ, [b]they were baptized[/b], both men and women.

I hope this helps you.

2006/9/16 20:22Profile
GraceAlone

Orlando, Florida

Re:

What is the main difference between Baptists and Presbyterians on this subject?

2006/9/19 23:52Profile
philologos

Reading, UK

Re:

Quote:
There has always been one people of God throughout all generations- Jew and Gentile. However, "The Church" didn't formerly exist until Christ took down the dividing wall that kept Gentiles from experiencing full identification with the chosen people of God, Israel.

So the Gentiles 'joined' the Jew in this? Or is it one new man in which there is neither Jew nor Gentile.

So has old Israel been joined by the Gentiles or has God created a new man into which He has placed Jew and Gentile without distinction? Is the Church a new creation or a modification?

2006/9/21 18:14Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy