SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Miracles that follow the plow : The Rapture

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread
roaringlamb

Santa Cruz California

Re:

Thank you for your replies. It is good to speak to someone who does not feel personally attacked when questions are brought up about this. In the end our theology or eschatology won't get us into Heaven as we both know and I am blessed to call you brother :-D Now may our GOD in HIS infinite grace guide us, and fill us for HIS glory!
"to GOD be the glory great things HE hath done"

2006/9/25 16:00Profile
Flash_red

Moody Bible Institute

Re:

Regardless of the currents times, I have a hard time thinking that we have any more clues about the coming of the end times than the early church (see Acts 1). My understanding of Christ's eschatological message is that we can never, ever guess when its coming because only the Father knows that and He does not provide us with concrete clues. Instead, Christ focused on spreading the Gospel AS IF EVERY DAY WAS THE LAST DAY! So, as we think about the end times, Christ desires that we focus on spreading the Gospel with urgency yet with care, love, and truth.

2006/9/25 17:26Profile
roaringlamb

Santa Cruz California

Re:

Quote:
AS IF EVERY DAY WAS THE LAST DAY! So, as we think about the end times, Christ desires that we focus on spreading the Gospel with urgency yet with care, love, and truth.

Amen, and I agree. Yet just to throw this out there for you to think on

1Th 5:1 But of the times and the seasons, brethren, ye have no need that I write unto you.
1Th 5:2 For yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so cometh as a thief in the night.
1Th 5:3 For when they shall say, Peace and safety; then sudden destruction cometh upon them, as travail upon a woman with child; and they shall not escape.
[b]1Th 5:4 But ye, brethren, are not in darkness, that that day should overtake you as a thief.[/b]
1Th 5:5 Ye are all the children of light, and the children of the day: we are not of the night, nor of darkness.
1Th 5:6 Therefore let us not sleep, as do others; but let us watch and be sober.
This pretty much agrees with everything you said, but I just wanted to show you that Paul said the day would not catch us unaware.
So much to think about, yet may we be found doing HIS will.

2006/9/25 17:32Profile
IRONMAN

IN HEAVENLY PLACES WITH JESUS

Re:

hey bro Roaringlamb

Quote:

roaringlamb wrote:
Thank you for your replies. It is good to speak to someone who does not feel personally attacked when questions are brought up about this. In the end our theology or eschatology won't get us into Heaven as we both know and I am blessed to call you brother :-D Now may our GOD in HIS infinite grace guide us, and fill us for HIS glory!
"to GOD be the glory great things HE hath done"

the feeling is mutual bro and most refreshing! i've ran into some very very staunch pre-tribbers...it seems to me offence at something is often because of a fear associated with whatever we're offended about in terms of theology. anyway God has called us to be vessels of mercy and as such He will sort it all out.

to God be the glory indeed! i touch and agree with you on that bro.

2006/9/26 14:49Profile
IRONMAN

Re:

bro Flash
welcome to S.I. What we don't know about Christ's coming (which even He doesn't know but only the Father) is when Christ Himself shall return. We will know the signs of the times in which He shall return by the goings on and we are a lot closer to it than the early Church was. We are in those days and indeed we ought to live each day like it is the last but at the same time not be ignorant of what is going on because Christ warned us to watch also.

2006/9/26 14:54Profile
Flash_red

Moody Bible Institute

Re:

Quote:
This pretty much agrees with everything you said, but I just wanted to show you that Paul said the day would not catch us unaware.

Quote:
We are in those days and indeed we ought to live each day like it is the last but at the same time not be ignorant of what is going on because Christ warned us to watch also.

Thanks bros! I did not mean to encourage ignorance toward the end times. My thoughts were more in the area of the "sky-watching" form of eschatology. I appreciate the clarification and encouragement. Let us all be ready to give an account before the judgment seat of Christ!

2006/9/26 15:25Profile
roaringlamb

Santa Cruz California

Re:

Quote:
Let us all be ready to give an account before the judgment seat of Christ!

This statement alone would do away with perhaps 90% of our theological squabbles, because only about 10% are absolutely essential.
Do our Lord proud at Moody bro. ;-)

2006/9/26 15:51Profile
IRONMAN

Re:

bro Flash

Quote:
Thanks bros! I did not mean to encourage ignorance toward the end times. My thoughts were more in the area of the "sky-watching" form of eschatology. I appreciate the clarification and encouragement. Let us all be ready to give an account before the judgment seat of Christ!

there must be a balance and strict following of Holy Spirit's leadings. If times comes to focus on one thing we should do so as He leads. This way we can be sure that we will have done our Lord proud.

2006/9/26 18:51Profile
Dougmore

Re:

Brethren,

May I give an alternate view to the Lords return? We squander amongst ourselves as to when Christ will return or how, but neglect the clear direct commands that were given us by Christ. As some of you may know I am not a pre,mid,post, or that other group "pan" trib. I'm a watch triber. All that means is that whether God returns before or after I want to be found worthy to escape the pollution's of this world. I want to make it clear that I'm not some kinda modified Pan triber. No, I try to obey the three commands that Jesus did give us concerning end times.

"Watch therefore: for ye know not what hour your Lord doth come." (Mat. 24:42).

"Therefore be ye also ready..." (Mat. 24:44)

"Blessed is that servant, whom the Lord when He cometh shall find so doing." (Mat. 24:46) Doing what? Obedience unto the Lord.

In Christ, bro Doug

2006/9/26 21:28Profile
TrueWitness

Re:

Has anyone heard the following reason given as to why the rapture must be pre-tribulation?:

1) No man knows the hour of Christ's coming.

2) It is trivial to figure out that Christ will come at the end of 7 years from the time the Antichrist makes a covenant with Israel.

Therefore: God has a dilema on His hands with regards to scripture not being broken, and prophecy being fulfilled.

Solution: God takes believers out of the Earth before the great Tribulation (because we all know that it is only Christians who know about Christ coming 7 years after the Antichrist makes peace with Israel). Therefore nobody on Earth will be able to know when Christ comes and scripture is not broken.

I had to roll my eyes when I first heard this one, but some Christians believe this convoluted logic to the core! I kid you not.

2006/9/26 23:39Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy