SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : LORD dare i show you my hands and my feet?

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
hmmhmm

Sweden

LORD dare i show you my hands and my feet?

i saw this poem? hymn in my own languge... im sure its out there in englisch to but i translated it as good as i could...

LORD, when I’m tired of working
And your commandments is feeling heavy
And my burden makes me complain
Then show my your pierced hands
Show me thy cross marked hands
My savior show me thy hands

CHRIST, if my feet should slip,
And I stand ready to turn back,
If the thorns of the desert makes me complain,
Then show me thy bleeding feet,
Your nail marked feet

Ohh LORD, dare I show thee my hands and my feet?

2006/9/16 10:33Profile
mamaluk

Re: LORD dare i show you my hands and my feet?

"dare I show thee my hands and my feet?"

In John 17:4, our Lord said:
"I have glorified thee on the earth: I have [b]finished [/b] the work which thou gavest me to do. "

The [b]finished [/b] work of Christ, remember, It's [b]finished[/b], completed, done, triumphed....no more needed!!

Our own scars, will be nothing, zero, worthless, offensive......but insult to [i]HIS[/i] hands and feets..no need ! :)

Let's just praise and thank The Lord Christ Jesus by singing..."amazing love, how can it be, that Thou my God, shouldst die for me..." 24/7 Amen!

2006/9/16 11:21Profile
hmmhmm

Sweden

Re:

yes yes...but there are some work we do... we cant just sit around and wait for him to return
and in doing his work ..his will for him..many back away...becuse they have thir own will..his will is that we go out and do "work",...not work that saves us...

2006/9/16 11:47Profile
mamaluk

Re:

hmmhmm :)

Most certainly, there are works for us to do, and they are the works of faith, in light of your post, which is very touching, but one must believe that the Work on the Cross is all done and can only be done by the Holy Saviour.

Works of faith must not be confused with the works of the flesh. F.Schaeffer said it very well,
sometimes, people think that they serve God, but they produce their works in their spirit, these works in turn become the works of the flesh.

Works of faith, are the works done in according to the Word and guided by the Holy Spirit.

In this case, one must have no need to produce or even begin to dapple into that ultimate Work of the Cross. GOD will be much more pleasing, I think, that we praise the Lord and His Cross.

To digress a bit here, you know, in the Phillipines, they have annual festivals that 'devout' men will carry a real cross on their bodies and marched down the villages, in the
mind of these men, I'm sure that they think that they are serving Christ, but in my mind, they are robbing the glory from the Cross and blasphming Christ.

[b]Romans 10:3
For they being ignorant of God's righteousness, and going about to establish their own righteousness, have not submitted themselves unto the righteousness of God.[/b]

No no, Christian, this is in no way implying that you are on that course, this is only to remind ourselves to be careful of what are the real works of faith, not only the works of the flesh.No less, I responded to this thread because of the tone and heart on your post, and that is, love, yes, I see your love for Christ, and it encourages me a lot. Thank you so much !

In the Lamb,
mamaluk

2006/9/16 12:09Profile
hmmhmm

Sweden

Re:

well you are right in that :) , we cant say enough there are no works that justify us.... he did all that ready... he alone!

thank you lord

2006/9/16 12:16Profile
mamaluk

Re:

In addition to my prior post, hmmhmm, some
works of faith include solemn prayers in the Spirit, studying the Word in the Spirit, felowship with believers in the Spirit, witnessing to the world as the Ambassadors of Christ in the Spirit.

All done in the Holy Spirit through prayers.

I just remember Pilgrim's Progress, have you read it? By John Bunyan?

Ah, it's all to easy to give advice, I need to remind myself of these works and ask God to help me with them too!! :)

Also, I realized that you used that poem in an analogical way, praise God !

2006/9/16 12:21Profile
hmmhmm

Sweden

Re:

no i havent read it...herd about it a lot...so i have to look into that one...its bad its hard to get books in my own languge... englisch is ok too but still...better in one owns...

2006/9/16 12:48Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy