SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Can one be forgiven and not be born again?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread

Can one be forgiven and not be born again?

Is this a loaded question?

Naah, I wouldn't do that.

:roll:

2006/9/16 9:00

Re: Can one be forgiven and not be born again?

Quote:
Can one be forgiven and not be born again?

Definitely.

I experienced this, (as an older child).

2006/9/16 9:02

Re: Can one be forgiven and not be born again?

Quote:

Ormly wrote:
Is this a loaded question?

Naah, I wouldn't do that.

:roll:

Permit me to rephrase the question:

Can one be forgiven of their sins by the Lord Jesus and not be born again in the process?

:-D

2006/9/16 9:24
hmmhmm

Sweden

Re:

Joh 3:5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.

maybe one isent forgiven until he is born again? becuse if you werent born again...your heart is still the same... i belive there are many people who asked god of forgivness.....and still will perisch into eternal darkness....

Joh 3:3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.

1Jo 1:9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

for this to take place...dont we need first to be born again? to recive forgivness...to have our heart regenarete?

2006/9/16 9:43Profile
roadsign

Re: what is forgiveness

Jesus forgave those who crucified him. Stephen forgave those who were stoning him. Those sinners should have been judged on the spot - struck dead! Forgiveness did not mean that they were saved at that moment, because, of course THEY did not accept his forgiveness. But Christ's and Stephen's forgiveness gave them time to repent - which some of them did later. (at Pentecost) Leter they accepted forgiveness. You can't receive forgiveness as long as you don't want to admit that you need it.

We are called to forgive our offenders. That means we let them off of our "hook" and leave them on God's "hook".

Forgiveness is relinquishing vengeance - and leaving it with God. Forgiveness is a gift of mercy that allows our offender time to repent.

Forgiveness is God's means of protecting us from the destructive power of bitterness. It allows us to move on. At some time, hopefully the offender will accept forgiveness, but that is not our responsibility. We can't control their choices.

We can only offer it - and that leaves them free from our vengeful clutches, free to also receive God's forgiveness. (which is part of the new birth)

Diane

2006/9/16 10:27Profile

Re:Can one be forgiven and not be born again?

Ormly said

Quote:
Permit me to rephrase the question:

Can one be forgiven of their sins by the Lord Jesus and not be born again in the process?

Ormly,

Does this rephrasing suggest you don't believe my response?

Let me rephrase my answer to your original question.

The forgiveness I received was a landmark event in my spiritual history, which, though I was not to even HEAR of new birth for at least another ten years, taught me that God could deal with my soul and spirit in absolute reality.

On the day I prayed for forgiveness, He took that burden of that sin and washed me completely clean. I KNEW I was forgiven in heaven.

I don't think I was born again, though - but it felt like it!

2006/9/16 11:26
mamaluk

Re:

Is this a tricky question? :)
um...."in the process", are you considering this to be a process unto the rebirth or after the rebirth?

I can try using the antithesis of this verse to answer your question:

Acts 10:43
.... that through His name whosoever believeth in Him shall receive remission of sins.

Antithesis:
.... that through His name whosoever believeth [i]not[/i] in Him shall [i]not[/i] receive remission of sins.

Should born again be based on faith/belief.

2006/9/16 11:52Profile
PreachParsly

Arkansas

Re:

If you can be forgiven from sin (towards God) and not be born again, then couldn't you go to heaven without being born again?

Atleast that is how it comes to my mind, and I'm sure we all agree you have to be born again to go to heaven.

2006/9/16 11:54Profile

Re:

Quote:

PreachParsly wrote:
If you can be forgiven from sin (towards God) and not be born again, then couldn't you go to heaven without being born again?

Atleast that is how it comes to my mind, and I'm sure we all agree you have to be born again to go to heaven.

Oh? But then that is part of the question, isn't it?

How would this verse apply, if it does?

Romans 8:9 (KJV)
But you are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.

2006/9/16 12:49
roadsign

Re: getting a grip on divine forgiveness

Quote:

Following up on my earlier post, I now ask: Did those whom Jesus forgive at his Crucifixion become eternally absolved from the consequences of their sins? (question edited)

Why or why not?

Diane

2006/9/16 13:44Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy