SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : It Isn't 'Tough'

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread

It Isn't 'Tough'

I was just chatting to this guy about muslims, and most importantly about the fact that they are all heading for hell. And you know what this guy said to me? 'They're going to hell. Tough.'

Ouch, I could feel my spirit tighten up. What a horrible thing to say. At least a couple of billion muslims are heading to a lost, painful aternity in hell, and this guy says 'tough.'

But it got me thinking. Is that the kind of attitude we have towards the lost? Do we think that because we have a sure hope of salvation that everything is ok? I know it is so easy to be happy because of heaven, but so hard to feel sad, distressed and troubled because billions of other people aren't going to be there?

Now we are saved, the aim for us is to praise Christ with our entire lives, to give everything up for Him, and bring others to the foot of the cross.

It also made me think, how often do we see people and think to ourselves, 'God will never save them. It's impossible.'

My oh my. If the guys that taught me about Jesus at church, if the pastors, the teachers, my parents and my Christian family all said that about me, where would I be right now? If they were saved and thought to themselves, 'I'm all set, everything is ok because I'm going to heaven.' then I wouldn't be saved and heading for heaven today.

We need compassion!

I would also like to note that there is nothing good within us. If we want compassion and love for the lost, we must ask God for it! Nothing good is within us, everything good comes from our Father in heaven. If we tried to create our own compassion, it wouldn't work. We need the Lord's help.

Oh Lord, give me a heart for the lost. Give me tears and compassion; a burning heart to see countless souls come into Your Heavenly Kingdom and glorify Your holy Name!

Use me for Your glory Lord. Give me strength to tell the world about Your wonderful grace and love.

Amen

2006/9/16 8:39

Re: It Isn't 'Tough'

richardf said

Quote:
If we want compassion and love for the lost, we must ask God for it! Nothing good is within us, everything good comes from our Father in heaven. [b]If we tried to create our own compassion, it wouldn't work. We need the Lord's[/b] help.

compassion.

This is very true. His compassion is accessed through the Spirit. It is available to us, as we trust to minister in His love, not depending on our own strength.

2006/9/16 8:44
enid

Nottingham, England

Re: It Isn't 'Tough'

richardf
I note that you are from London. I know what you mean.
You just see muslims as lost, and your heart breaks.
The fact is, they are born into this religion, and have no say as to wether they accept it or not. They are taught all non muslims are their enemies.

At the same time, I understand the frustration of the guy you were talking to. It's not 'tough' they are going to hell. It's just that they are if they continue in their lost religion and not turn to the one true living God.

Sadly, in Christianity today, the power of God is mostly, but not entirely missing.

Can you show me any 'Elijah's' that would challenge a muslim as Elijah did.

I do know of one sister who did.

She challenged a muslim to pray. So he did. She said he just said a few words and then stopped.
So she prayed. When she finished, she said he was taking deep intakes of breath, was red faced and could hardly speak!

No, he didn't get saved. But, he was challenged by a Christian, concerning her faith, and his, something he will never forget.

They can and will get saved. Pray. God bless.

2006/9/16 9:49Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy