Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : Welcome & Intro : Newish

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Malachi

UK

Newish

Another UK subscriber - I don't have a full time church position, or the depth of knowledge and spiritual insights that some of the contributors demonstrate, but enjoying nevertheless.

I have a job as a quality manager with an Automotive manufacturer. I have been a 'born-again' Christian for 15 years. I engaged in a (5 year) distance learning course with St John's College Nottingham to sharpen my knowledge.

Found this site some weeks ago and joined in - really good sermon downloads and devotionals, and it helps me keep up with my Bible reading. So far so good. Hope to have a say, when I can think of something constructive, but mainly to draw on the resources of those who have gone before.

Keep up the good work

Dave

2004/1/27 3:31Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re: Newish

Welcome Dave!
Thought your member name looked familiar...

Quote:
Hope to have a say, when I can think of something constructive, but mainly to draw on the resources of those who have gone before.

Considering that I am in the construction business, hope you do share those things that you think of, I think I get the order backwards :-)

2004/1/27 3:45Profile
philologos

Reading, UK

Re: Newish

I engaged in a (5 year) distance learning course with St John's College Nottingham to sharpen my knowledge.

Hi Dave, welcome to the family. You must have picked up some good stuff at St John's that you can use constructively :-P We look forward to hearing from you.

2004/1/27 4:32Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
Found this site some weeks ago and joined in - really good sermon downloads and devotionals, and it helps me keep up with my Bible reading. So far so good. Hope to have a say, when I can think of something constructive, but mainly to draw on the resources of those who have gone before.

Hi brother, I am glad you are saying hello! I have found your comments edifying and constructive so far ;-) I am glad you are blessed by the materials and discussions keep growing in the Lord, until a perfect man.

2004/1/27 6:44Profile
Clutch

Oak Ridge, Tennessee

Re:

Hi Brother Dave,
Always good to hear from another UK preacher. I've particularly enjoyed hearing from Ron (Philogos) Reading, UK. He usually has something interesting to say, whenever he has come in from riding the range, or has been out PUNCHING cows. :-D
Clutch ;-)

2004/1/27 6:52Profile
philologos

Reading, UK

Re:

Hi Clutch
I presume this Pun Ching is some strange eastern philosophy? It hasn't hit us yet. Feng Shui has been here. Apparently the meaning of Feng Shui comes from two Chinese words; Shui meaning 'sense', and Feng meaning 'more money than'. ;-)

2004/1/27 7:19Profile
Clutch

Oak Ridge, Tennessee

Re:

Him Ron,
Just got back from a trip to the beauty shop, where I had Maurice "Spike" my hair. Had I read that Feng Shui posting before I left home, I could have saved about "ten quid", which would have qualified me. :-o
But alas, I still have a tupenny bit, can I still get in? :-D
Clutch :-P

2004/1/27 8:05Profile
philologos

Reading, UK

Re:

I've seen your hair. If Maurice can find enough to spike he should be given the tupenny bit as a special bonus.

2004/1/27 8:34Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy