Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Welcome & Intro : Hi Everyone

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
Gedi

UK

Hi Everyone

Hello Everyone and loving Christian greetings from the United Kingdom.
My name is Gerald Schofield Born here in England
in 1937 from a German Mother and English Father.
The year I was born was two years before the second world war.
I came to Jesus in my thirties after many years of living in the world of the devil in drink and in street fighting.
I met Jesus in a small mission church where the bible was preached in the power of the Holy Spirit Iwas baptised by immersion soon afterwards and into the Holy Spirit at an Easter convention.
Iam a pastor in the Elim church here in England
Iam married with a grown family.
My wifes name is June we share in a ministry to pastors from all corners of the world in the ministry of encouragement
We love The Lord with allof our hearts and long to see souls saved throughout the world
Love Gerald and June Schofield UK

2004/1/26 13:06Profile
Clutch

Oak Ridge, Tennessee

Re: Hi Everyone

Welcome Brother, I look forward to reading your posts on this web site. I hope we're a blessing to you also.
Clutch

2004/1/26 13:50Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
I met Jesus in a small mission church where the bible was preached in the power of the Holy Spirit Iwas baptised by immersion soon afterwards and into the Holy Spirit at an Easter convention.

Praise God! that is wonderful to hear! I hope you are blessed by the sermons available on this site, I pray they [b]stir[/b] your soul. welcome brother
:-D

2004/1/26 13:54Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re: Hi Everyone

Hi Gerald and a warm welcome to you!

Amongst us is a wonderful Teacher/Pastor/Theologian and all around great guy who goes by the name of "Philologos" (Ron Bailey)
He has a weekly devotional here and is also from the UK. You can read the devotional here:
[url=https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewforum.php?forum=45&65]Weekly Devotional[/url]

2004/1/26 18:50Profile
philologos

Reading, UK

Re:

Hi Gedi
Welcome to the family. Its good to hear of some more folk finding their way to the site from the UK. You will find some different cultures here (see Mike's previous introduction!) When I hear these kinds of introductions I can hardly wait to hear what I might say. :-D
Many cultures, but a real sense of belonging. I would recommend these audio files. The wealth and variety is what makes this site unique. There are other sites if you want exclusively A or exclusively B but the differing strands of Biblical perception provide a very valuable balance.

I live in Reading. BTW

2004/1/26 23:46Profile
philologos

Reading, UK

Re:

Mike's Testimonial!!
Hi Mike
It brought a story to mind. A city dweller was about to drive across a little wooden bridge on a farmer's land. A calf stood on the bridge blocking the way and the driver of the car was perplexed as to what to do.
Just then the farmer arrived and said "just toot your horn, he'll move over".
The city dweller leaned on the horn and gave an almighty blast. In terror the calf jumped off the bridge into a muddy creek.
The farmer said to the driver "what did you do that for?".
"You told me to toot my horn" said the driver.
"Sure," said the farmer "but that was a awful big toot for such a little calf".

Thanks for your love Mike, but that was "an awful big toot for such a little calf!" :-P

2004/1/26 23:57Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re:

Forgot to add that our 'muddy little calf' also has a wonderful sense of humor alongside his big heart.

You can find some of his messages here:

[url=https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/viewcat.php?cid=137]Ron Bailey[/url]

Didn't mean to frighten the little guy, it's just that my horn is stuck. :-D

2004/1/27 3:00Profile
Clutch

Oak Ridge, Tennessee

Re:

Hi Gerald,
All that stuff Mike said about Ron MAY be true, and some MIGHT disagree. But I know one thing for sure, the boy knows how to move a Sacred Cow. :-D If any of yours get bumped, just let 'em Moo. We're a forgiving lot here. Ain't that right Tex; I mean Ron. :-P
Clutch ;-)

2004/1/27 5:19Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re:

And then there is the other half of this tag team comedy troop. Our own 'Abbot and Costello', namely our brother 'Clutch'.
I will let you decide which is which :-D

2004/1/27 6:46Profile
philologos

Reading, UK

Re:

All that stuff Mike said about Ron MAY be true, and some MIGHT disagree. But I know one thing for sure, the boy knows how to move a Sacred Cow. If any of yours get bumped, just let 'em Moo. We're a forgiving lot here. Ain't that right Tex; I mean Ron.

Moo

2004/1/27 7:28Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy