SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Rosh Hashonah "Feast of Trumpets"

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Dougmore

Rosh Hashonah "Feast of Trumpets"

The Feast of Trumpets comes this year starting on the 22nd of September. Many believers see prophetic connections between the feast and the rapture of the church. Whatever the implications between them lets look at its Biblical significance.

Rosh Hashanah literally means "head of the year" and commemorates the creation. The Jews were commanded to keep the feast of Trumpets in Leviticus 23:23-25, "And the Lord spake unto Moses, saying, 'Speak unto the children of Israel, saying, In the seventh month, in the first day of the month, shall ye have a sabbath, a memorial of blowing of trumpets., an holy convocation. Ye shall do no servile work therein: but ye shall offer an offering made by fire unto the LORD."

This same command can be found in Numbers 21:9.

The trumpet used is the shofar. This trumpet is made from a rams horn that gives a sound somewhat like a real trumpet, just more raspy.

The feast of Trumpets to the Jew is a time of celebration and repentance. With the Dat of Atonement right around the corner, Jew use Rosh Hashanah as a time to reflect on their individual spirit. How they are before God. Much like the time Christians use before communion, to see what sins are still present and needing repentance.

I understand that as New Covenant believers we are not under any obligation to keep this feast day but nevertheless it is a great time for us to get alone and come before God with sins that we need to get rid of. This is also a time of forgiveness and much prayer.

I personally use this time for studying about the rapture and other end times events.

To find out more information see, www.KHouse.org Chuck has a lot more stuff on this subject than I.

Remember HIM, bro Doug

2006/9/13 18:45Profile
philologos

Reading, UK

Re: Rosh Hashonah

There are some [url=http://www.geocities.com/afinkle221/Blasts/sounds2a.html]shofar sounds[/url] here.

2006/9/13 18:50Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy