SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : No Responses?

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
murdog

Fort Frances, Ontario

No Responses?

Greg, Mike, Giancarlo,

How come you guys post these really insightful articles from Oswald Chambers and A.W. Tozer,etc. and alot of times and nobody even comments. I added two to favorites yesterday from Andrew Murray and J.Hudson Taylor and they just seemed to slip down the forum and off again.

I don't know if you guys have to type them yourselves or if you you just cut and paste or whatever. But keep them coming, they are really helpful and convicting!

People seem to like the more controversial threads better and that it is too bad.

Murray

2006/9/13 14:24Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re: No Responses?

Murray,

I am glad when people post articles. BUT real long ones require a lot of time to read and I for one, do not always have that much time.

But you know what? Just because a long post or article does not appear to generate a lot of interest does not mean it did not minister to someone somewhere. We will never know on this side of glory how our meager efforts have benefited someone. The utmost thing is that we be obedient to the HS in our postings because someone out there may be in desperate need of it!

ginnyrose

2006/9/13 14:38Profile
roadsign

Quote:
alot of times and nobody even comments

Hi, Murray, I wouldn't want to assume that no comments implies no one has been reading and meditating on them. It just so happens that the forum is set up in such a way that responses are needed to keep the thread current. Frankly, I admit, sometimes I have just plain too much good stuff to read between emails, posts, etc and I can't keep up. I gotta keep my Bible on the top.

I don't think Jesus was too upset that the masses weren't attracted to his meatier messages. He knew that was normal. I suspect that nothing has changed. :-(
Diane

2006/9/13 14:44Profile
murdog

Fort Frances, Ontario

Re:

True to both of you.

2006/9/13 14:45Profile

Re:

Perhaps when something like that is posted, there isnt much left to be discussed, ya know? We might say "Great article..." etc. My observation has been that the best threads and longest threads are started by someone seeking others thoughts on something, or asking a question. Not necessarily controversial stuff, tho our human nature will tend to respond to controversy.

I've read a ton of articles and threads on this forum and havent responded at all. I dont respond to everything I read. Who has the time for that?

Krispy

2006/9/13 15:03
ChrisJD

Philadelphia PA

Re: wondrous things out of Thy Law

Hi Murdog. I have noticed the same thing that you mentioned. I even thought about starting a thread to encourage us to discuss more of the Bible itself instead of the same doctrines which it looks like are covered over and over again.

I think of this idea I have of aged Jewish men sitting around discussing the mysteries of the Torah and all the gems of knowledge and wisdom hidden in its stories. Are [b]we[/b] the people of the Book?

[b][color=000000] Then said he unto them, Therefore every scribe which is instructed unto the kingdom of heaven is like unto a man that is an householder, which bringeth forth out of his treasure things [u]new and old[/u].[/color][/b]

I was trying to think of a word from scripture which suited this and what I was sensing escapes me. This did come to mind though

[b][color=000000]Then they that feared the Lord spake often one to another: and the Lord hearkened, and heard it, and a book of remembrance was written before him for them that feared the Lord, [u]and that thought upon his name[/u].[/color][/b]

2006/9/13 15:16Profile
enid

Nottingham, England

Re:

Don't worry about the responses, people still read them. Wether they respond or not, so be it.

Online reading is hard for me, but I still do it.

I can read books for hours, and download articles to read, but to read online is different.

The screen, for me, is tiring. Why that is, I don't know, but it is.

So when I respond to an article, be sure you've arrived! Not really, just kidding!

God bless.

2006/9/13 15:42Profile
MSeaman

Michigan

Quote:

murdog wrote:
Greg, Mike, Giancarlo,

How come you guys post these really insightful articles from Oswald Chambers and A.W. Tozer,etc. and alot of times and nobody even comments. I added two to favorites yesterday from Andrew Murray and J.Hudson Taylor and they just seemed to slip down the forum and off again.

I don't know if you guys have to type them yourselves or if you you just cut and paste or whatever. But keep them coming, they are really helpful and convicting!

People seem to like the more controversial threads better and that it is too bad.

Murray

Hi Murray,
to be honest most of the stuff that Greg posts, after reading I am left speechless. there is nothing I can add. 'great article' doesn't really say much or do them justice. I like to save them as a pdf, print them and read them again and highlight the things that stand out. no comment, doesn't mean I haven't read it, and I am sure that it true for others too. It seems everytime I am online there are 30 or more guests on here, they may be reading and just haven't commented.

Please be sure, we are not unappreciative of what our Moderators share with us.

2006/9/13 16:38Profile
murdog

Fort Frances, Ontario

Re:

Members,

I am sorry about the way my post sounded, as though I am the only one who appreciates the articles shared by the mods.

I do know what you mean by being speechless after reading some of them.

What I was trying to say was, when nobody comments they slip off the front page quicker. And it is probably alot of work to type them out in the first place. I know you can look in the forums after and read them there but I am not sure how many people do that.

I guess it was a long and drawn out way to say I appreciate the effort it takes to post the articles, as I am sure all of you do as well.

Murray

2006/9/13 21:18Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy