SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : A Word To End all Strife and Divisiveness on SI Forums

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
PosterThread
Vader

Re:

Thank you brother for posting that word. It certainly changes hearts and minds. kinda brings things into perspective.

2007/1/30 17:25Profile
enid

Nottingham, England

Re: A Word To End all Strife and Divisiveness on SI Forums

In view of the fact that recently, there seems to be a spurt of strife, ego, pride and self displayed by a few on the website, I thought it good to give this article an opportunity to be read again.

Along with 1 Cor 13v4-5 which says, 'love suffers long and is kind, love does not envy, love does not parade itself, is not puffed up

does not behave rudely, does not seek its own, is not provoked, thinks no evil.

It would be good if we were all to do some soul searching.

God bless.

2007/2/5 14:57Profile
CJF

Omaha, NE

Re:

It is a timely word, and much appreciated.

2007/3/17 22:44Profile
Onesimus4God

Chapala, Jalisco, Mexico

Re:

A timely word indeed, and a word for all time. I also especially like Romans Chapter 12 in it's entirety. In it contains the complete behavior model for all christians for all time, and the key to successful Godly living. Praise God. Any kind of organization could run like a well oiled clock, if it's members, civil or spiritual would simply apply themselves to keeping it's guidlines and directives.

Shalom,

"O"

2007/4/8 12:35Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

A perspective.

[url=http://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=16110&post_id=124801&order=1&viewmode=flat&pid=124739&forum=40#124801]Amazing Testimony Of Richard Wurmbrand (Interview)[/url]

2007/4/9 10:18Profile

Re:

A word of truth given to John, expanded on and preserved 148 years ago, researched by another a 148 years later and given to many on sermonindex 2007. And they thought they shut John up when they sent him to the Island of Patmos.
Luke 21:33
33 Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will never pass away.

2007/7/2 1:28
nrlcharlie

Brisbane Australia

Thank You, Thank You, Thank You, Thank You, Thank You...

I am relatively new to SI and read through some threads and was (To be honest) a little shocked at the way some members spoke to each other. I wasn't sure if I wanted to be a part of it at all.

I probably just mis-understood what they were saying but I was still confused at it all and even a little bewildered. But I was touched by this post.

But this was a breath of fresh air

This truly brought some light on some inner battles I have been fighting lately.

It was incredible to read.

Thanks again I now feel free!

2007/8/27 22:01Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re: Others

Welcome nrlcharlie,

Saw this last night and felt a stab of grief ...

Quote:
I am relatively new to SI and read through some threads and was (To be honest) a little shocked at the way some members spoke to each other. I wasn't sure if I wanted to be a part of it at all.

It is difficult sometimes, there are times here where those of us who ought to know better ... drift and forget, forget those like yourself perhaps peering into these things, forget about others, forget about ramifications, loose the ability to thwart our own tongues for the sake of something better ...

And yet sometimes the discussions are needed just to expose ourselves to areas of neglect and are then a help towards growth and maturity, if we could just look behind the topics and controversies and get at the substance.

Hope you might read the disclaimer(s) at bottom here, they are somewhat helpful as explanatory to the ebb and flow of this setting.

To the rest of us, hope that we might take a new members initial thoughts to heart and reconsider, recalibrate ourselves ... once again.

Glad you are here.

2007/8/28 9:46Profile
nrlcharlie

Brisbane Australia

Re:

Hey thanks for your encouragement i really appreciate it...

I have been looking around and reading many of the forums and have come to the conclusion that it isn't actually the norm. The first 2 or 3 I read were pretty heated but most of the others I have read are great and very helpful.

There are so many different perspectives on issues and I am really enjoying just reading and staying out of the discussion at the moment, though I will eventually developed confidence enough to actually join in I'm sure.

Thanks again mate and b fully blessed!!!

Send me a message of any sermons you think would be helpful. I have heard all the top 20 downloads but this site is massive and one sure can be confused where to start.

2007/8/28 21:07Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re: A word

Hi nrlcharile,

Here is good thread towards that end;

[url=http://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?viewmode=flat&order=0&topic_id=16893&forum=35&post_id=&refresh=Go]SermonIndex "gems"[/url]

2007/8/28 22:12Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy