SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : What music does SI listen to?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
Santana

What music does SI listen to?

I'm so tired of my cd's. I need something new. All I really have is Keith Green, Rich Mullins, and Jason Upton.

Can anyone recommend something new/powerful? Who do you guys like?

2006/9/12 20:42Profile
Jacob19

Re: What music does SI listen to?

Fernando Ortega is my favorite CD right now. He does a whole CD of Hymns called "Hymns of Worship". He also has a lot of other hymns on the CD "Beginnings".

2006/9/12 20:46Profile
Kolombian

Colombia

Well if you like country and folk music, you must hear Rick and Bebe worships... Is beutiful, original, powerful and genuine...Take a look to the site: www.rickandbebe.com
And like two months ago I've heard a new worshiper that has very beutiful and stirring music, and of course as it may be, you can feel all the love and awe that his heart have for God. His name is Andrew Phillip and this is his webpage: www.andrewphillip.com

Hope you´ll be blessed with this untainted music
Love
Karen

2006/9/12 20:56Profile
roaringlamb

Santa Cruz California

Re:

I would reccomend the "Living Sacrifice" album from Christ Our Life. It is free for download.[url=www.christourlife.ca]Christ Our Life[/url]
I think if you look under the Godly Music section under speakers A-F on this site(Sermonindex) it is listed there as well.

2006/9/12 21:22Profile
PaulWest

Dallas, Texas

Quote:
Can anyone recommend something new/powerful?

Santana,

I can recommend something old/powerful - anything by Charles Wesley, Isaac Watts, John Newton, Philip Doddridge or Elisha Hoffman. Go to www.cyberhymnal.org and do a search for songs under the names of those men. I haven't found anything that compares.

I think Greg has a link to godly music here on SI. I recommened Charity Hymns and Congregational hymns. I also like Russel's hymns, because he's a classical guitarist like myself. Under Charity Hymns, listen to "When I Survey the Wondrous Cross" - you'll be in tears before the first verse ends. Once God opens up the majesty of these old songs to you, you'll never listen to contemporary Christian worship the same again.

However, I understand if this old stuff isn't quite what you had in mind! It's worth a try, though! You've got nothing to lose, and pure bliss to gain.

Brother Paul

2006/9/12 21:57Profile
HopeinChrist

Try Evan Earwicker and Rita Springer
HopeInChrist

2006/9/12 22:20Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

There are over 600 songs that you can download on sermonindex here, listed under:

[b]Godly Music[/b]
https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/viewcat.php?cid=168

Quote:
I would reccomend the "Living Sacrifice" album from Christ Our Life. It is free for download.Christ Our Life

I highly recommend you download all the songs from ChristoutLife.ca they have a reality and presence of God with them! sung from hearts that [b]love[/b] and [b]obey[/b] God.

I just downloaded all their songs available over 100 here:
http://www.christourlife.ca/Free_Worship.html

2006/9/12 22:45Profile
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

The Cathedral's it don't get much better than them.

2006/9/12 22:47Profile
BeYeDoers

Bloomington, IN

Re:

Shane & Shane
Times Square Church Choir
Chris Tomlin
Hymns if I can find 'em

2006/9/12 22:54Profile
Kolombian

Colombia

Re: CHRIST OUR LIFE

Ohh...what a beutiful lyric!! Thanks for recommending them, in this momment i'm listening "cry for humility", without any doubt the prayer that our heart cries out despairingly to our God in Heaven... I have an old sister that lives in Israel and has a wonderful call to worship, and with no doubt I will burn for her a cd with this songs so she and the group in Israel can sing them in the streets of Jerusalem.
Thanks again, in Christ
Karen :-)

2006/9/12 23:47Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy