SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : A PARABLE ENCOUNTER OF.... ."SLAIN IN THE SPIRIT" !!

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
PosterThread
letsgetbusy

Cleveland, Georgia

Re: A PARABLE ENCOUNTER OF.... ."SLAIN IN THE SPIRIT" !!

I thought it interesting that J Edwin Orr was asked if those 'slain in the Spirit' during great revivals showed the same as those today, to which he replied, 'not exactly.' Very interesting, during revivals past, it was not believers who fell to the ground unconcious, but scoffers. Men who reviled God would fall to the ground for hours under convinction (no one had to push them, mind you).

So there is no biblical or historical experience outside the last century where people would carry on the way they do today.

I heard a brother put it this way (very wisely I might add). When you see a man under an 'obvious experience of God,' and he flies up in the air and does two back flips before he lands, to fugure out if the experience was genuine, watch where he goes after the experience, and find out what his checkbook was spent on. That will tell you what kind of experience it was.

2006/9/16 21:02Profile
sonofthunder

Son Of Thunder i come from a land down under, due south at the bottom of your work globes

Re:

To be quite frank - if i can be but frank

It surprises me to no end in the 21 st century that we are not " comparing spiritual things~ with spitritual things. ??

I said it before and so say i again " the manifestation of the spirit is given to ( profit )
WITHAL.

Being slain....profits whom ??

The audience who watches ? or the person dropping to the floor ?

YOU say well - the person who is on his back-side should come up...a changed man ( YAY EVEN transformed )

Okay if that be true then, and it indeed be proven to be a " manifestation of the SPIRIT " WHICH HAS OCCURRED - to THE SUBJECT "SLAIN"

Then if it has "profited" him ONLY, and NOT PROFITED the body of Christ, as a whole ( correct )??

So then we can safely conclude from this scenario: That if did not "DO" as Paul instructed AT CORINTH...and that is to... "profit "withal"

Gifts are given to edify, strengthen, build-up all OF THE the parts IN US us...{that lack}

God tempers the body as it pleases him, so that part that lacks - receives more abundant honour -AND SO HE fitly frames the body together so that no part OF US IS... lacking

Furthermore read IN luke chapter nine and mark CHAPTER nine - THAT it was a spirit that threw the subjects DOWN to the ground, and they went into convulsions, tremors, spasms (all involuntarily )

Some of you cite men of the past i.e previous revivals...well do read on and approve your studies. As Johnathon Edwards condemned strongly those things which were a [work of the flesh]AND drew attention to "self" AND bordered on the macarbe, and was SOMETHING{ born of the flesh} - such individuals were extricated, counseled and DISCERNED TO BE AFFLICTED BY EVIL SPIRITS.

lET'S CALL BLACK - BLACK

AND

WHITE - WHITE

LET THERE BE NO ILLUSION ( SAINTS )

AS PAUL INSTRUCTED ABOUT GIFTS-LET US NOT BE CHILDREN IN UNDERSTANDING ( IN MALICE BE A CHILD ) BUT IN UNDERSTANDING BE AN {ADULT } MATURE

2006/9/18 18:44Profile
sonofthunder

Son Of Thunder i come from a land down under, due south at the bottom of your work globes

Re:

Exactly...their is no scriptural precedent for
what you see practised today.

Nowhere did the early church -DO- WHAT IS SEEN
today.

The only catcher's the new-testament talks about
are the "catcher's OF MEN"

I mean come on friends - can you really see or envisage a "prayer-line" where Barnabus and Timothy or commanded by Paul - to stand behind the people and catch them - as they fall to the
ground ??

;-) And if it were from God would we need
the so-called "modesty-blanket" so the women
don't expose themselves in public ??

Imagine the astonished look on the apostles
faces if they were to walk into a modern
service today and saw women lying on the floors
wrapped in "modesty blankets" ...others convulsing, others screaming, and still others
laughing uncontrolaby, and even more so others
making eerie animal noises - barking like wild coyotes !! etc etc

Some man may reply ( but be careful ) not to
blanket it all as being off - again what we see
with the patriarchs Abraham, Jacob, Daniel, David etc etc

Was a bowing down and a prostrating of oneself,and as far as i can ascertain 98.5% of
the time - the scriptures carefully point out
that it was with- the- "face towards the ground"

And the "fell" or "fall" words were not meant to be interpreted literally - so as to be throwing
yourself - onto a hard surface...or to literally falling down - and hope for the best that i don't crack my skull -on the way down, or fracture any bones !

But contrarywise - we read this about the priest Eli ( who was sitting on a seat)when he heard the news the philistines captured the ark of the covenant. He fell backwards of his seat and broke his neck.

The point is would God instigate any falling that would put the body at risk ( do we tempt God ) in this manner ??

I remember watching a video clip where a man who alleged he was a modern-day apostle - and as he was laying hands on people...he came to a man who
was big in stature, large frame and he was swaying back and forth as he "prayed" well
guess what happened next - the big man lost
balance and fell-forwards instead ...this was not anticipated nor expected - by the "apostle"

And so the apostle and the catchers's weren't ready - and the big man went crashing into the
the apostle and both of them hit the floor with
a thud - and you could see how visibly shaken the
Apostle was - and - what potential...it had for
personal injuries.

Some man may reply it has no bearing what you
address and is only a minor matter of the "word" and not a weighty issue.

Hmmmm interesting conclusion - considering this thing has swept the modern churches world-wide.

And im yet to see a church with "few" exceptions that hasn't at one time been seduced by this ....poisonous leaven.

So you tell me it is of "no-consequence"- and what about all the people hurt by this modern-day
phenonmena ?? the casualty list keeps mounting
friends...so people must be warned about this
cankered leaven.

2006/9/19 1:00Profile
GraceAlone

Orlando, Florida

Re:

Matthew 17:14
“Lord, have mercy on my son, for he is moonstruck and suffers severely; for he often falls into the fire and often into the water."

Luke 13:11
"And behold, there was a woman who had a spirit of infirmity eighteen years, and was bent over and could in no way raise herself up."

Luke 9:42
"And as he was still coming, the demon threw him down and convulsed him. Then Jesus rebuked the unclean spirit, healed the child, and gave him back to his father."

1 Kings 22:21-23
"21 Then a spirit came forward and stood before the LORD, and said, ‘I will persuade him.’ 22 The LORD said to him, ‘In what way?’ So he said, ‘I will go out and be a lying spirit in the mouth of all his prophets.’ And the LORD said, ‘You shall persuade him, and also prevail. Go out and do so.’ 23 Therefore look! The LORD has put a lying spirit in the mouth of all these prophets of yours, and the LORD has declared disaster against you.” "

I don't know, don't these instances sound familiar in those churches? :)

www.cornerstoneorlando.org

2006/9/22 16:32Profile
sonofthunder

Re:

But are they the Lord's churches one may well ask

Sincere - but deceived... mmmm ... maybe

But maybe not ???

Many times what we have thought might be mainstream or middle-stream has actually been... nothing more than... captivity and bondage.

And that which we thought to be bringing US LIFE ...we found it to be the rather - DEATH !!

We got saved by faith and we instantly think to ourselves, that the church and the contemporary church existed to nurture us, to feed us, and to help guide our paths ....and would never have suspected in our wildest dreams - that it would
be a snare - and actually a bain to our... souls.

Ohh how gullible and what gullible thinking.

The churches were established and the synagogues
flourished by the time Christ - appeared on the scene.

Notwithstanding the first time Jesus preached in
the established church - they got so mad at what
he said to them - being filled with WRATH....
THEY LIKE TO THROW HIM HEADLONG DOWN A STEEP
CLIFF.

Then we see the pharisee and sadducee movement,
along with all their scribes and lecturer's - opposing, doubting, & questioning - all the way.

BEING DISPARAGING - BELIGERANT - and CONTRARY !

Does satan go to church too every sunday ??
Job chapter one says he presented himself along with the sons of God - before the Lord !!

And Revelation chapter two informs us Satan had set-up his "very SEAT"...IN ONE OF THE CHURCHES
IN ASIA MINOR - WHERE incidently ANTIPASS WAS
MARTYRED AND SLAIN among them (in their midst)

BUT THAT SAID THEIR IS ALWAYS A REMNANT ACCORDING
TO THE ELECTION OF - GRACE !! GLORY

And he does have saints and congregations who are
faithful and chosen, howbeit - few in number !

"GOD BE BLESSED"....FOR-EVER
AMEN

2006/9/23 20:44Profile
GraceAlone

Orlando, Florida

Re:

Shocking Videos!!!!!!!!

Peter Popoff was busted in this documentary for being a false prophet... [url=http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-3396869920557391806&q=Peter+Popoff&hl=en.]Peter Popoff[/url]

These are ramdom videos on the Charismtic leaders of this age...
[url=http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-292748952186052796&q=speaking+in+tongues ]Charismatic Chaos[/url]

2006/10/2 9:09Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy