SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : A PARABLE ENCOUNTER OF.... ."SLAIN IN THE SPIRIT" !!

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread
sonofthunder

Son Of Thunder i come from a land down under, due south at the bottom of your work globes

Re:

To coin a phrase we use in australia

COOL BANANAS

WE AGREE TO AGREE IN MOST INSTANCES

AND YES I HEAR YOUR INITIAL CONCERNS, AND AM FAMILIAR WITH THE MANY PASSAGES WHERE PEOPLE FELL BEFORE GOD IN A PROSTRATE POSITION.

I chose deliberately not to "qualify" my initial posting simply because i sought to address the abuses and the extremity side - to it all.

And was on particular train of thought only - in the direction that i felt God was taking me.

I do realize in some circles it is a sensitive issue to address...and you always run the risk of mis-understandings.

Daniel was a man like Abraham that got on his face before God...but interestingly scripture is careful to point out they fell on the ground with their face "towards the ground" - and that it was not a case where the "falling" would "risk injury"... to their own bodies.

Furthermore they seemed to bow down themselves - rather than just "let go" of themselves and fall in a hard way to the "floor" as you see in some circles today !!

Remember the temptation to Christ ?? satan took him and placed him on steep pinnacle of the temple and tempting in this manner.

Cast yourself down

and

Who will catch him...if he did....satan said it's cool Jesus - the angels are here, and they will catch you...when you "fall" off.

The reply came swift and fast - " get thee hence satan " that is an abuse of God's power and it asks for protection - when i myself am being reckless and careless. ( this is to tempt God )

That is why they enlist the aid of catcher's now to "cover up" what use to be a very dangerous and irresponsible practise, whereby people were falling and getting hurt, people were then sueing preachers for liabilty etc etc and so now as to not lose this "unscriptural practise" altogether -they simply brought in "catcher's" to disguise something that is no where to be found in either Matthew, mark, Luke, or John nor in the book of the acts (of the early apostles) this practise is nowhere to be found. ( not in the manner it is used today at least )

And the fact that they ignore paul's clear instructions to "lay hands on no man....SUDDENLY" shows their sheer contempt for Paul's writings and his - clear cut edict and admonition !!

Thanks for your response and understand you were wanting to protect a legitimate bowing down and prostrating before God

Bring back the "old-fashioned" mourners bench i say, and more power to you...my friend ;-)

2006/9/13 4:34Profile
sonofthunder

Son Of Thunder i come from a land down under, due south at the bottom of your work globes

Re:

Actually not to drag this thing out or be labour the point but i only read today in 1 cor twelve concerning the gifts - that all spiritual gifts are from the one and selfsame spirit.

And if it something from we claim is from God - then it falls under the classification of

" the manifestation of the...spirit"

And furthermore it is for the PROFIT... withal

The question should be is it a "manifestation of God's spirit" and not wether i think it is okay or you do, or your friends support the practise.

And if it is - why is it not then listed among the nine gifts here in 1 cor twelve ??

Secondly the gifts are for the purpose of making others stronger in faith and to "PROFIT ALL" TO profit the body - not just one person who 3 hours later crawls off the floor and goes home.

Gifts are not given to profit the individual... withal- but the body itself to receive edification

Just as prophecy and interpretation of tongues helps, edifies, and fortifies us all in ...Christ

The purpose of any gift is not to strengthen "self" or to focus on "self need" but to build up, strengthen, and edify the ENTIRE assembly.

AND THE "SOURCE" PAUL SAYS IS ALWAYS FROM THE SAME "GIVER" ...AND THE SAME SPIRIT.(FROM ABOVE )

AND WITH-OUT CONFLICT OR CONTRARY HAPPENINGS

The Holy spirit does not oppose his own word and it is clear by JESUS ALSO - THAT THE SCRIPTURES ALSO CANNOT BE BROKEN....THEREFORE God will not go against Nor support things THAT GO outside OF HIS SCRIPTURES.

2006/9/13 5:13Profile
Wildhorse

Australia

Re:

sonofthunder:
Another Aussie?

Which State? And which football team?

As for the phrase "Cool Bananas"... We seem to be lacking them at the moment remember

Michael

2006/9/13 7:08Profile
IRONMAN

IN HEAVENLY PLACES WITH JESUS

Re:

sonofthunder
i thought it was cool beans! maybe we here in america are a little behind as far as aussie lingo goes!? :-P

2006/9/13 10:58Profile
IRONMAN

Re:

bro Sonofthunder

Quote:
Furthermore they seemed to bow down themselves - rather than just "let go" of themselves and fall in a hard way to the "floor" as you see in some circles today !!

i don't think that all people simple "let themselves go" i think those on whom the SPirit falls in that manner do not fall voluntarily but because of the Power of God. i know i wasn't trying to fall down, i just did.

isn't casting yourself down or as the enemy used it to tempt Christ, throw yourself down like jump off? again, i didn't throw myself down and i don't think everyone does this.

also there is nowhere in scripture where when one had hands laid on him a description of what happened to him is written so we have nothing to compare it to.

2006/9/13 11:31Profile
IRONMAN

Re:

bro sonofthunder
i've asked this question before and noone has answered it.

you said

Quote:
The Holy spirit does not oppose his own word and it is clear by JESUS ALSO - THAT THE SCRIPTURES ALSO CANNOT BE BROKEN....THEREFORE God will not go against Nor support things THAT GO outside OF HIS SCRIPTURES.

but then what is it other than contradiction (and God is Sovereign and can do as He wished) is it when God told the Jews what was clean and what was unclean for them to eat (this is scripture) and then God brought down that sheet in front of Peter which had unclean animals and told Peter "kill and eat" Peter refused saying he had never eaten anything unclean and God let him go hungry and told him not to call anything He had made unclean.

we have God on one hand saying this thing is unfit for you to eat and on the other hand ask Peter to eat some of those unclean things. both instructions are scripture yet they contradict (at least as i see it) how do we reconcile that? :-?

also i don't think there is a scriptural precedent of falling forward or backward as a result of receiving the Spirit, in fact outside of the manifestation of gifts, the scripture seems silent as to whether one falls or not. should we not be looking at the fruit instead?

2006/9/13 11:36Profile

Re:

simple answer would be that a new covenant was being introduced by God. I think there is a better longer answer but I don't have time at moment. Maybe someone does. God bless

2006/9/13 13:06
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

What is slain in the Spirit? Where is it in the bible?

Who wants to keep us in an earthly realm and keep us from our heavenly realm? Who is glorified in being slain in the spirit? It certainly is not God. Why would the Holy Spirit do such a thing? Christ in you is our hope of Glory. Christ is our gift. Ephesians 4:7-8 But unto every one of us is given grace according to the measure of the gift of Christ. Wherefore he saith, When he ascended up on high, he led captivity captive, and gave a present gift unto men.

These are not the gifts of the Spirit in 1 Cor.
This is the gift of salvation, that being Christ in you the Hope of Glory. Rom 8:9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.

If the Spirit of God dwell in you, why do we cater to the flesh? This Spirit that is born again in is, is the Spirit of Christ. If the Spirit of Christ is not in you, you are none of His. The Comforter that is given is the Holy Spirit. Christ said specifically He would pray the Father to send The Holy Spirit so all that He had said could be revealed to us. To the Apostles because they could not receive them at that time, because they could not understand them, they would have to be revealed after the Spirit of Christ was born again in them and the Holy Spirit would be in them also, not just with them when Jesus breathed upon them, but by the Holy Spirit Baptized in them, then these things could be revealed and they would understand that Jesus had said to them.

Why would the Holy Spirit put on a show in the flesh of men? He would not. No need. Christ is our gift and every gift is to reveal that Person in the believer for the Body of Christ, it being for His sake not for man's sake, but for the building up of the Body of Christ for His sake in us.

There is only one reason for spiritual gifts. That is to seek Christ and the things above, not the things of this earth. All gifts are for the upbuilding of the body of Christ, not the upbuilding of the pastor or the church member into the things of the spirit of this world. We know who rules that realm as long as he is give permission. Satan has lost the spiritual battle at the Cross and all he can do is lie to us again and try to keep the things of this earth in the forefront of hippocracy in the Church.

Who is the Great Apostle? Who is Born Again in us? That makes us all Apostles in Christ and He that is in us is the only One that do the work of an Apostle unto His Kingdom. Same for Prophets, Teachers, and all the other Gifts, He is the Gifted One and the Holy Spirit is the One that distributes them as He chooses. No Spiritual Gift is of man, but is of Christ the only true Godly Gifted One. Who are we member of? 1 Corinthians 12:11-14 But all these worketh that one and the selfsame Spirit, dividing to every man severally as He will. For as the body is one, and hath many members, and all the members of that one body, being many, are one body: so also is Christ. For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit. For the body is not one member, but many.

There is no distribution of gifts to men. There is a gifted One that is in us, that is Christ Jesus The Living Son of God, The only Person God can trust to build up the Body of Christ by the Power of the Holy Spirit Teacher, the distributor of Gifts, is the answered prayer sent by the Father, That is the Person of The Holy Spirit in you by the Mind of Christ that is in you.

In Christ: Phillip

2006/9/13 19:02Profile
IRONMAN

Re:

bro Phillip
you said:

Quote:
That makes us all Apostles in Christ and He that is in us is the only One that do the work of an Apostle unto His Kingdom. Same for Prophets, Teachers, and all the other Gifts, He is the Gifted One and the Holy Spirit is the One that distributes them as He chooses.

i thought Paul said that we were not all apostles/ prophets but each one has a unique function in the body.

2006/9/13 21:02Profile
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

That makes us all Apostles in Christ and any believer can be used at any time the Holy Spirit deems it necessary to the furtherance of the Kingdom of God in Christ Jesus. No man is an apostle. He who thinks he is an apostle deceives himself. Because Christ is the only Apostle of God. By the Christ in us if we are believing that Jesus Christ is in us and the Holy Spirit is True and we live by the Faith of the Son of God, then he is as Christ in this world.

1Jo 4:17 Herein is our love made perfect, that we may have boldness in the day of judgment: because as he is, so are we in this world.

Jhn 5:19 Then answered Jesus and said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, The Son can do nothing of himself, but what he seeth the Father do: for what things soever he doeth, these also doeth the Son likewise.

Jhn 15:5 I am the vine, ye [are] the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing.

2Cr 13:8 For we can do nothing against the truth, but for the truth.

2 Corinthians 13:4-9 For though he was crucified through weakness, yet he liveth by the power of God. For we also are weak in him, but we shall live with him by the power of God toward you. Examine yourselves, whether ye be in the faith; prove your own selves. Know ye not your own selves, how that Jesus Christ is in you, except ye be reprobates? But I trust that ye shall know that we are not reprobates. Now I pray to God that ye do no evil; not that we should appear approved, but that ye should do that which is honest, though we be as reprobates. For we can do nothing against the truth, but for the truth. For we are glad, when we are weak, and ye are strong: and this also we wish, even your perfection.

Can all be apostles in Christ? Yes, if that is what the Holy Spirit wishes at the time. Are all apostles? In Christ, Yes by the Holy Spirit's discernment and use of the The Power of God in Christ Jesus in His time and His choice, not mans'. No man has any gift that is given him as an office in the church or before man. True spiritual gifts are just that, spiritual in the making and spiritual in the using. It is the choice of the Holy Spirit that gives power to the gift that is Christ in you the Hope of Glory. We all have all the gifts in Christ who is the Gifted One, not man.

In Christ: Phillip

2006/9/13 22:00Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy