SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Revivals And Church History : Does revival start with the saved or the unsaved?

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
brentbarnett

Wisconsin

Does revival start with the saved or the unsaved?

Based upon 2 Chronicles 7:13-14, do you think revival starts with the work of the Spirit in the heart of the saved or the unsaved?

13"If I shut up the heavens so that there is no rain, or if I command the locust to devour the land, or if I send pestilence among My people,
14and My people who are called by My name humble themselves and pray and seek My face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, will forgive their sin and will heal their land.

(I think it starts with the saved- see the “My people” part?)

Even revivals historically have often been a work of God through a person or persons who commit themselves to prayer or who preach the Word of God without compromise. These believers were first revived before the lost were saved and “vived” to new life in Christ. Christians need a pure testimony before their message has the power it ought to have.

Just some thoughts…

Brent Barnett
www.relevantbibleteaching.com

2006/9/7 15:19Profile

Re: Does revival start with the saved or the unsaved?

Starts with the saved. God bless, John

2006/9/7 15:25
JoeA

Decatur, Illinois

Re:

Something cannot be revived unless it was once living and vibrant.

Psalm 85:6 "Wilt Thou not revive us again? that [b]Thy people[/b] may rejoice in Thee?"

2006/9/7 19:09Profile
letsgetbusy

Cleveland, Georgia

Re:

The saved.

As far as I know, there are only two ways God has used man to save others (correct me if I am wrong):

1) the foolishness of preaching

2) intercessory prayer

Both are wrought by the saved.

2006/9/8 23:02Profile
praying_anna

Re:

I agree with all of you. When the Church gets right with the Lord, sinners run to the altar!

praying_anna

2006/9/8 23:39Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy