Image Map
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : Apostolic Foundations by Art Katz

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

Apostolic Foundations by Art Katz

Five out of Five stars.

I recently completed "Apostolic Foundations" by Art Katz. Brother Katz desires to lay a foundation in our Christian life on that which is truly apostolic. That which is apostolic is not simply caught up in an office or title of apostle, rather, it has to do with the quality of one's character.

Our character must come from our priestly disposition that embodies the core apostolic doctrines of the death, resurrection, and second coming of Christ. These are not mere abstractions that we give creedal ascent to, but are realities that we ought to live our lives on the basis of. Only if our character embodies that which is apostolic can the church truly be the witness God has called it to be of the resurrected Christ, not only to the world, but, especially to the Jews, and especially to the principalities and powers.

Great book, cannot recommend enough. Though I give the book 5 stars, I must say that some of the interpretations Katz provides of a few passages in the Scriptures are a bit questionable (even if convincing), especially of Revelation 20 which divides the resurrection of the righteous into 2 events, one prior to the Millienal kingdom, and then at the Great White Throne. Nevertheless, some of these interpretations are not central to the book.

2006/9/5 22:17Profile
TaylorOtwell

Arkansas

Re: Apostolic Foundations by Art Katz

Well that excites me, I just received it in the mail today! :-)

2006/9/5 23:46Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy