SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Devotional Thoughts : The Worship "Experience"

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

The Worship "Experience"

Worship is not supposed to be something we experience, rather worship is supposed to be something that God experiences.

2006/9/5 16:26Profile
JoeA

Decatur, Illinois

Re: The Worship "Experience"

Amen. Acts 13:2 "As they ministered to the Lord. . . the Holy Ghost said."

2006/9/5 18:10Profile
Dougmore

Strange, I was never told that before nor had I ever thought of worship that way. But it makes perfect since. We are created for God and our worship we give to Him is just part of His plan.
Thanks, bro Doug

2006/9/5 20:08Profile
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

Re:

When one thinks about it, and observes the field of modern Christianity, is this not how worship is advertised? "Such and such church has a really great choir... I really enjoy the contemporary worship services... Worship really went well today... etc."

2006/9/5 21:11Profile
roadsign

Re: what do we worship really?

Quote:
When one thinks about it, and observes the field of modern Christianity, is this not how worship is advertised? "Such and such church has a really great choir... I really enjoy the contemporary worship services... Worship really went well today... etc."

King Jimmy, I agree. These statements aren't really about worship, but about religous experience.

We worship what we adore, what we trust, what we depend on, what we chase after. That may not be God, but our gods. And we might just be worshipping our "worship".

"Thou shalt have no other gods before me."
Diane

2006/9/5 21:32Profile
Jacob19

Re:

The worst thing I have seen in this area was a commercial that advertised some type of "worship" album. They had people on their saying "This album has really changed my life, I am so happy when I listen to it!" That is so ridiculous to say such things.

I also hate how all the modern "worship" songs are filled with I's. Songs like "I'm coming back to the heart of worship", "I'm desperate for you" and so on. All you are doing is singing about yourself and not truly praising God.

Another thing is songs that say things like "I've come to worship you" or anything like that, and I always think: "THEN DO IT, STOP JUST SAYING IT!"

May we praise God with pure hearts in a way that pleases Him!

2006/9/5 21:48Profile
jewalz

Elmira, NY

The Father is looking for worshippers who will worship Him in spirit and in truth.....Worship is for God alone but when our spirit's commune with His in worship we experience His presence and our lives are changed from glory to glory. It is the blessing that the Lord gives us as He delights to lavish us with His grace and every blessing in the heavenly places. Sure many have turned worship into a product and God into a cunsumable item and it is repulsive but if you do not experience God when you worship you are only worshipping in truth and not in spirit! Just read the bible and see when God was worshipped He responded and usually it was quite dramatic and thus the worshippers experienced His manifest presence as God pleased to reveal himself and approve of the worship. If you do not receive in your spirit the approval of your Father in heaven then how do you know that He is receiving your worship that you think you are giving Him?

Julian

2006/9/5 22:17Profile
JoeA

Decatur, Illinois

Re:

This is sad, but i recall having been at a Church where a group was singing. One of them actually said "I hope we entertain you tonight."

2006/9/6 18:00Profile
wyattearp

Quote:
Worship is not supposed to be something we experience, rather worship is supposed to be something God experiences.

I preached to a church one Sunday morning and said basically the same thing. I told them how I had heard them say that they enjoyed this kind or that kind of worship. I then told them that worship wasn't for them but for God. I also asked them how many of them would have to go home and change clothes if we were having a funeral today instead of a church service? They would have more respect for a dead body being brought into their church than a Living Lord.

That is what I said to them. What they said to me afterwards was that I had no right to speak to them that way and I was never invited back.

The plain fact of the matter with this church and many others is that what they call worship is really a party they attend every Sunday to make themselves feel better. It has as much to do with God as the many beer parties held the night before.

Wyatt

2006/9/6 23:54Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy