SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Who I Am In Christ

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread

Re:

Incidently, Peacemakers post was very good and edifying.
Forgive my slowness Ormly. I am now trying to follow your questioning. All your questions had to do with a person being,
able to claim the identities for himself,
how he can know he is born again
and "o.k. if I do it in fear am I still born again." Then the last one switched asking how you could know "another" is born again. The way you switched the last question appears to me to be different from the preceding questions. So I am challenged in answering them.
Don't misunderstand me I have alot of respect for your years of service to the Lord. I also thank you for the compliment. However I am having a hard time tracking on where the questioning is going. P.S. Hopefully we are not taking the intent of the original post away onto something else. God bless, John

2006/9/6 12:40

Re:

Quote:

thingsabove wrote:
Incidently, Peacemakers post was very good and edifying.
Forgive my slowness Ormly. I am now trying to follow your questioning. All your questions had to do with a person being,
able to claim the identities for himself,
how he can know he is born again
and "o.k. if I do it in fear am I still born again." Then the last one switched asking how you could know "another" is born again. The way you switched the last question appears to me to be different from the preceding questions. So I am challenged in answering them.
Don't misunderstand me I have alot of respect for your years of service to the Lord. I also thank you for the compliment. However I am having a hard time tracking on where the questioning is going. P.S. Hopefully we are not taking the intent of the original post away onto something else. God bless, John

Permit me, John, to add this before I comment on your post:

Ephes. 1:4 (KJV)
"According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love."

Assuming the born again experience:

The Lord Jesus Christ is the first and the last. We were in Him at the first and will be in Him at the last. Between the first and the last we are in the world to become [a son]. The first and the last He is responsible for, the in-between is our responsibility. It is given to us to become as He was in His flesh. Without a vision of the last we will not become that which is purposed by the Father. The vision of the last is implanted in us from the first. A revelation of the first, the Christ of Glory, brings the vision of the last that will sustain the in-between... which is now.

His Spirit will bear witness to our spirit that this is so and to the progress of our journey.

Does this help clarify anything?

Orm

2006/9/6 15:01

Re:

I think I'm tracking with that. What you wrote appears to be accurate. Also both simple and yet deep, Which is how our walk is with Christ, simple yet deep. Thank you for the answer, God bless, John

2006/9/6 15:09

Re:

Thanks John... and I hope you aren't pulling my leg. :-? :-D

Heres a bit more I hesitated to add for fear of overkill:

[081606]The revelation of the Promise OF the faith OF Christ, the reality of His Life, is part of the vision that will sustain us to becoming the “full ear of grain”… Union with the Father in our flesh. O83006 “God’s end is to enable me to see that He can walk on the chaos of my life just now” that I become that “full ear”.
It doesn't matter the progress of the journey. What matters is that we enter into the journey, the process or becoming a son. Aside from initial salvation, this is what the born again experience is to be all about in one. I like how Oswald Chambers puts it in regards to the process: "What we call the beginning, God calls the end". 07/28 "My Utmost for His Highest"

In Jesus and for His sake,

Orm

2006/9/6 15:47

Re:

No sir, I meant what I said! Thanks for the posts again simple yet deep! God bless, John

2006/9/6 16:18

Re:

I offer this from Chambers that speaks my own experience:

November 12th

The transfigured life

If any man be in Christ, he is a new creature; old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new. 2 Cor. 5:17. What idea have you of the salvation of your soul? The experience of salvation means that in your actual life things are really altered, you no longer look at things as you used to; your desires are new, old things have lost their power. One of the touchstones of experience is—Has God altered the thing that matters? If you still hanker after the old things, it is absurd to talk about being born from above, you are juggling with yourself. If you are born again, the Spirit of God makes the alteration manifest in your actual life and reasoning, and when the crisis comes you are the most amazed person on earth at the wonderful difference there is in you. There is no possibility of imagining that you did it. It is this complete and amazing alteration that is the evidence that you are a saved soul.
What difference has my salvation and sanctification made? For instance, can I stand in the light of 1 Corinthians 13, or do I have to shuffle? The salvation that is worked out in me by the Holy Ghost emancipates me entirely, and as long as I walk in the light as God is in the light, He sees nothing to censure, because His life is working out in every particular, not to my consciousness, but deeper than my consciousness.

Chambers, O. (1993, c1935). My utmost for his highest : Selections for the year (November 12). Grand Rapids, MI: Discovery House Publishers.

2006/9/7 6:47

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy