SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : A vision of Love

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread

A vision of Love

On Friday morning the Holy Spirit came upon me and I had a glorious vision of the Love of God ,through me ,for my brothers and sisters in Christ.
As I lay there , tears beginning to wet my pillow, I had two images run through my mind. The first was of Iwo Jima. I could see that famous picture that captured the essence of victory. Many soldiers with their hands helping to raise the American flag, high above the battle-ground. Comrades together, hoisting the bannner high for all the world to see.

The second image that flashed through my mind was of the standard bearer. Here is the definition of Standard bearer.
A standard-bearer is a person (soldier or civilian) who bears an emblem called an ensign or standard, i.e. either a type of flag or an inflexible but mobile image, which is used (and often honoured) as a formal, visual symbol of a state, prince, military unit, etc.
This can either be an occasional duty, often seen as an honour (especially on parade), or a permanent charge (also on the battle-field); the second type has even lead in certain cases to this task being reflected in official rank titles.

I saw the Standard bearer in the battle field. With incredible courage, he led the charge and others followed. Then the standard bearer falls, wounded, and the flag begins to fall. With equal courage another runs forward, drops his gun and takes hold of the flag. This happens time and again and I marveled at the strength and commitment to the cause that would compel these men to drop their means of attack and defense, to come to the aid of those who held the banner high.

There is an old Hymn that goes like this…………………………….

Stand up, Stand up for Jesus ye soldiers of the cross
Lift high the royal banner it must not suffer loss
From victory to victory His armies He shall lead
Till every foe is vanquished and Christ is Lord indeed

As I continued to lie there I saw each of my brothers and sisters as a flag on the battlefield. And the Lord asked my heart, Frank, how many times have you seen these flags begin to fall? Did you rush forward to help?

The honest answer to the question posed by my Lord was, sometimes, but more often than not I had not. Sometimes I had turned the other way. And much to my shame, sometimes I had been secretly glad and had actually wished for the downfall of that flag. Now I cried different tears, tears of remorse.

So, I have determined to drop my right of defense and attack. May I be able to ignore the bullets and the assaults of others and simply have a mind to rush forward and defend the cause. By my love may I begin to vanquish every foe indeed, lifting high the royal banner till Christ is Lord indeed over every part of me.

So today brothers and sisters, if you see a fellow soldier and his or her flag is beginning to fall, run to them and support them,pray for them, lift them up and restore them by your love, for the beloved Apostle John says it like this “You will know them by their love for one another.”

2006/9/4 21:28
Christinyou

Ca.

Re: A vision of Love

Stand up, Stand up for Jesus ye soldiers of the cross
Lift high the royal banner it must not suffer loss
From victory to victory His armies He shall lead
Till every foe is vanquished and Christ is Lord indeed

By the Christ that is in me.

Stand up, Stand up in Jesus ye members of the Cross.
Lift up the royal banner, He suffered all the Loss
From victory unto victory, He'll fill His Father's House.
Till every foe is vanquished and Christ is Lord of all.

In Christ: Phillip

2006/9/5 3:15Profile
gtkh

Re: A vision of Love

So today brothers and sisters, if you see a fellow soldier and his or her flag is beginning to fall, run to them and support them, pray for them, lift them up and restore them by your love, for the beloved Apostle John says it like this “You will know them by their love for one another.”

Perfect love casts out all fear, may we learn to walk in this love. And may we learn to discern the love that is standing right next to us, waiting, just waiting, testing, just testing to see if there is really a love pure and genuine for the brethren. MAY THE MEDITATION OF OUR HEARTS AND THE WORDS IN OUR MOUTH BE PURE AND HOLY UNTO HIM…

Heavenly Father, may your light shine through us so brightly that the love we have for you and for the brethren may it reflect first and foremost on our countenance, in our words, and in our actions may there be unity and oneness of mind. In Jesus Mighty Name I pray.

2006/9/5 14:43Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy