SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Miracles that follow the plow : Ministry that is HARD?

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Ministry that is HARD?

Can ministry be too hard? many people will say that when ministry becomes hard we are in the flesh. I disagree with this. I just got a email from a dear brother in Texas that runs a group of people that evangelize called the "Jesus Crew". I had the opportunity to fellowship with Jose personally for a few hours one night while in Texas. Here is a email I got from him:

[b]subject: Witnessing on Purpose[/b]

Quote:
Saints
Last night and the early hours of today we were at Shotwell
Stadium.....then we went across the street to Nelson Park
where they have an all weekend long L.U.L.A.C. baseball tournament
we handed out over 1,500 tracts tonight..........today will be another
busy day........this is what we have if you want to come and help

It starts at............2:00 pm.......Shotwell Stadium............tract the football game
then at about......3:00pm......witness at the Mall.......till 6:00pm......one on one witnessing.....no tracts
after the Mall......9:00pm........back to Shotwell Stadium......tract the Cooper High Football game
we'll go across the street about
...............................11:00pm..........back to Nelson Park and tract the
Baseball tournament again.........
..............................at 12:00am we go to the Upstairs Club..........
..............................at 1:30am......we head over to Club 325...........
..............................at about 3:15am we go home to sleep and get ready for church.........
I did run into a man named Mr. James.......he walked up to me and gave me a hug.......
African American man........this man argued with me for almost a year......back in 1990
every week when he came out of the Midnight Rodeo Club.......when it was open.........he told me
that since we last talked 16 years ago.........has repented and turned his life over to CHRIST
I thank GOD for letting me see this..........if you wonder why I go out this way..........well there you
have it........it's people like Mr. James..........come and join us today and
well there you have it..............6 chances to witness on purpose.......we love you all

Jose & Amy
Matthew 6:33

2006/9/4 15:16Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re: Ministry that is HARD?

Here is another email I got:

Quote:
Saints
Last night we had 32 people who came out to help share the
Gospel of CHRIST.........that's really good for a Thursday night....
We did talk to many people from across the USA.......we also prayed
with several people.......it's just another good night.........everytime you go
out in JESUS name it's going to be good.........the only time it sucks is
when people don't go out..........it will be a good weekend as Football season
kicks off.........we'll be out every Friday night at Shotwell Stadium......handing out
tracts.......just found out tonight that a man that I talked to last week died
this past weekend.........please pray for the Family........the funeral is today
This past weekend we had over 70 Local Leaders from www.thegreatnews.com
downtown Dallas and Ft. Worth sharing the Gospel......as I was downtown Dallas
in Deep Ellum......I was really sad to see 3 men passing out tracts in the whole area....
When you have churches in the area that exceed 10,000 members.........The bigger
the churches the worst off it gets........you would think that having several churches
in the city with over 10,000 people.......that maybe 1,000 Christians would be downtown
sharing the Gospel with the lost..........If you what to know how strong your congregation
is all you have to do is two things.............regularly

1.)......Have a prayer meeting............you would think that if you have a church of 5,000
members that at least half would show up..........well sorry........maybe 50.......a man told me
that they had a church wide prayer meeting at his church.........only 3 showed up......out of 3,000
2.)......Have an Outreach...............a young lady was all excited about evangelism.....she told
me that she could get about 100 of her friends to come out because they were sold out for JESUS............only two came out.........
Please pray........Luke 10:2 (KJV)
Therefore said HE unto them, The harvest truly is great, but the labourers are few:
pray ye therefore the LORD of the harvest, that HE would send forth labourers into HIS harvest.

Please listen to the HOLY SPIRIT.........take a minute and ask the HOLY SPIRIT........what does HE want you doing this weekend.........................where is HE telling you to go?...........Is HE telling you to
go watch a movie?..........Is HE telling you to go fishing?............Is HE telling you to go square dancing?
Is HE telling you to take it easy, relax and don't worry about all the people going to hell?..........
Is HE telling you to go fellowship at Starbucks with all your Saved Christian friends?............Is HE telling
you that someday you need to go overseas......like in 5 years?...........I'm not saying these things
to tick you off............ (but if you're offended....you might want to have a talk with the FATHER)
I want US all.......me included......to really listen to what the HOLY SPIRIT is telling us
to do........
Matthew 24:12 (KJV)
And because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold.
Is your love growing cold towards the things of GOD?...........Are you busy this weekend?
With what?...........your agenda or GOD's?...........Who sets the agenda for your weekends?
pray about that please..........you know that
we love you all..............

Jose & Amy
Matthew 6:33

one more thing.....the students at Wylie and Abilene High have been meeting for prayer
every morning.......they had 37 students at Wylie yesterday morning........is that awesome
please pray for them........

2006/9/4 15:17Profile
HeartSong

Re:

[size=x-small]And we say we love Him . . .[/size]

2006/9/30 14:00Profile
hmmhmm

Sweden

Re: Ministry that is HARD?

i think of that verse... in that day the first shall be last and the last shall be first... sometimes i see someone "famous" preacher or read some old saints works and i think wow what a man of god, and sure they are...but many who were great and famous here on earth are going to be last on that day becuse the one totaly unheard of totaly anonymus person who worked and worked and just burned themself out whitout any eartly reward what so ever is going to be first... when i read a testimony like this..it spurs me on to work even more... one cant really do to much for him can we...????

i read this testimony about some missonary who was in africa...for 40 years or something...he gave his whole life on the missionfield, and when he was going back home on the boat...the president of america was on that same boat , he had been in africa for some tour for a week, when they got to the harbor there was all this welcome commite for the president and finaly when they let the others of the boat then it was all empty, the missonary stood there alone...no one meet him, after 40 years not even one person from his church was there...he was totaly forgotten, in tears he went to a hotel room and cried and as he was laying in his bed and crying himself to sleep and asking god how can this be? the president was there for one week and got so much welcome home... i was there for 40 years and not even one person to welcome me, totaly broken he hears a voice...

- MY CHILD... YOUR NOT HOME YET...

as one man said...there are going to be many suprises on that great final day...

2006/9/30 14:17Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy