SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Welcome & Intro : Introduction

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Peacemaker

Bakersfield, California

Introduction

I'm feeling my way around here. Would love to be involved in theological discussion. I am an affectianoto (sp?) of Oswald Chambers. Been working through his complete works for the last year and a half. I also work with Peacemaker Ministries working with Christians to reconcile conflict - simple stuff - Confession - Repentance - Change - Forgiveness - you know basic gospel.

2006/9/3 23:11Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re: Introduction

Welcome Peacemaker! A Chambers aficionado, ah, you are in good company brother. This was the last book I have bought now for quite awhile as well. Tremendous volume!

Very glad you are here, there is a mine of resources available. Let us know if we can be of any help.

2006/9/3 23:57Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re:

Hi,

Welcome to SermonIndex! may God bless you and encourage you to seek after all the truth. Oswald Chambers is a precious brother that conveyed spiritual truth powerfully to His generation and ours. I am glad you found this site. I encourage you to download and listen to these sermons to start with:

Ten Shekels and a Shirt by Paris Reidhead

and also:

The Revival Hymn.

If you have any questions let me know.

2006/9/4 1:07Profile
Peacemaker

Bakersfield, California

Re:

Thank you - I am looking forward to discussion. I see you quote Charles Finney - Oberlin - the little town the started the war apparently.It's too bad the church couldn't reconcile their own issues re slavery. Perhaps we would be in better shape now.

I'll look forward to finding some time to listen to the sermon downloads.

sermonindex wrote:
Hi,

Welcome to SermonIndex! may God bless you and encourage you to seek after all the truth. Oswald Chambers is a precious brother that conveyed spiritual truth powerfully to His generation and ours. I am glad you found this site. I encourage you to download and listen to these sermons to start with:

Ten Shekels and a Shirt by Paris Reidhead

and also:

The Revival Hymn.

If you have any questions let me know.

2006/9/4 2:42Profile
Peacemaker

Bakersfield, California

Re: Welcome

I look forward to continuing with this. I fell like I've stumbled onto something special. I would love to further flesh out and discuss that which I have already learned from Oswald. I must say he has already upset my preexising theology. Oh well - I think that is how God does things - blessed be His holy name. I'm also ready to begin to put church fathers in continuing framework. So much history and writing to know and share. Lood forward to talking more.

2006/9/4 3:16Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy