Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : bible reading plans

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
andres

texas,brownsville

bible reading plans

men and women of God,
what do you think about Bible reading plans?

2006/9/3 21:58Profile
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

Re: bible reading plans

I must say, I'm all for reading the Bible however you manage to read it. The worst thing one can do is not read it. However, at the same time, I think it is best if one learns to read the Bible "contextually." This sorta hunting and pecking odd chapters out of the bible and saying "read 3 of these a day" just doesn't fly with me.

3 chapters a day will get you through the Bible in a year. However, some parts of the Bible you should probably read entirely in one or two sittings, such as with the letters of Paul, Peter, and John. After all, if a loved one wrote you a letter, wouldn't you read it all at once in order to take all of it in?

2006/9/3 23:45Profile
andres

texas,brownsville

Re:

great advice

2006/9/4 2:14Profile
Sentry

West Monroe, Louisiana

Re: bible reading plans

Psa 119:130 The entrance of Your Words gives light; it gives understanding to the simple.

Anything is better than nothing, in my opinion.

We should "study" the Word also..but just reading God's Word certainly couldn't hurt.

Was it Ravenhill that said?: "The Word of God never leaves a man as it finds him"

Mark

2006/9/4 9:26Profile
philologos

Reading, UK

Re:

Here is a selection of [url=http://wiki.biblebase.com/index.php/The_Bible:_Daily_Bible_Reading_Plans]Bible Reading Schedules[/url], and we once traced a programme which created them automatically but I hav e lost track of it.

Greg might remember? Ah, here it is. [url=http://www.hcf.org/jaffrey/resources.htm]Bible Reading Programme Creator.[/url]

2006/9/4 11:12Profile
andres

texas,brownsville

Re:

thanks , thats a lot of help

2006/9/4 20:27Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy