SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : If all the saints

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
RevivalArmy

DETROIT, MI

If all the saints

If all the saints who spend their time hoping for and talking about revival would actually start praying and travailing for revival, we would already have it.

If all the saints who spend their time preaching in the steeple houses, in the prisons, on the streets, in the missions, and abroad, would actually stop rambling so much and start praying and travailing for words like barbed arrows that pierce to the heart, we would see much more multitudes saved.

If all the saints who spend their time entertaining themselves through TV, Internet, and “innocent amusements” would actually stop doing those things and pick up their Bibles and study earnestly, we would be a lot more learned in the Scriptures.

If all the saints who spend their time debating over one doctrinal issue on top of the next would actually stop striving against their brothers and start serving them in love and humility we would have a lot more tender hearts full of compassion.

If all the saints who spend their time eating, drinking, and being marry, would actually start inflicting their souls and spending weeks in fasting before the Lord, we would see a lot more of the oppressed being delivered and a lot more captives set free.

If all the saints who spend their time “majoring on minors” would actually start majoring on the foundational issues of the Gospel and demonstrating them by the power of the Holy Ghost, we would have a much stronger foundation.

If all the saints who spend their time pointing out the errors around every corner and finding demons in every herd of swine would actually examine themselves in humility and remove the specks from their own eyes first, we would be a lot more holy.

If all the saints who spend their time chasing after the love of signs and wonders would actually chase after the love of the truth, we would be a lot less deceived.

If all the saints who spend their time joking and making merry would actually sober up their minds and catch the burden of the Lord for this day and age, we would have a lot less souls entering eternal damnation.

If all the saints who spend their time talking about the “better way” they think things should be done would actually get out there and demonstrate that better way, we would have a lot less “know-it-all’s” in the Body of Christ and a lot more servants and edification.

If all the saints who claim to have a “special calling” to a “high office” in the Body of Christ as some great leader would actually humble themselves and serve their brothers, esteeming them more highly than themselves for love’s sake, we would have a whole lot less spiritual pride and religious elitism and a lot more unity and love.

If all the saints who are complacent and satisfied with where they’re at would actually get hungry for God and seek His face in holy desperation until He moves, we would be a lot less spiritually malnourished and a lot more Spirit-filled.

If all the saints would unite together in love and unity under the blood-stained banner of the Lamb of God and march forth by life or by death to smash through the gates of Hell and take back what the devil stole, we would have a lot more victory and power!!!

2006/8/31 23:17Profile
enid

Nottingham, England

Re: If all the saints

'IF' is a big word. It makes all the difference.

We can also exchange the word 'if' for 'when', would it read the same?

For some time now, I have believed that we should call a time of prayer and fasting on this website.

It's not for me to decide.

We all know Jesus told us to give, pray and fast, Matt 6.

And we do, kind of, but on and off. We are not consistant. Guess how I know!

Still, I don't like to make excuses for my lack of obedience, I seek to obey.

Any hunger for revival and a spiritual awakening should be fed by seeking God.

He wants revival more than we do!

Do we want to see Him glorified of satan?

Well, we don't have to point people to what satan is doing, it's obvious.

Now, let us point to what God is doing? Is He answering prayer? If not, is it because we are not praying? If we're not praying, then He can't answer our prayers!

Hunger for God brings action. We get hungry for Him and His glory.

How hungry are we? God knows. God bless.

2006/9/15 10:59Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy