Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : Hell No Exits

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
TaKa

Louisiana

Hell No Exits

Here are a few notes I have on Hell No Exits by Leonard Ravenhill:

Revelation 20:11-14; Luke 16:19-24; Matthew 7:21-23

Every person will be judged according to what they have done. If anyone is not found in the book of life, they will be thrown into the lake of fire. This is the second death.

God's judgement is final. There is no second chance or appeal after death. The man in hell lifted up his eyes and saw the beggar in heaven. He even had a conversation with him. He was fully conscious in hell. He could see and hear.

Not everyone who professes the name of Christ will make it to heaven, but only those who do the will of the Father. We are to believe the gospel, but we must also behave the gospel.

If we really believed in a hell where people are tormented day and night forever and ever, where they are burning and never consumed, where the worm dieth not and the fire is never quenched, we would fall on our faces in repentance - repentance for our lack of prayer, our lack of regard for a holy God, our lack of love for the lost.

What is the difference between the baptism the apostles had and the one we have? Do we have the same spirit they had? If not, why not?

Jesus talked more about hell than he did about heaven, yet when was the last time you heard a sermon on hell? Johnathan Edwards preached that famous sermon Sinners in the Hands of an angry God and people were cut to the heart and as a result changed forever.

We have preachers with no passion, meetings with no annointing. We have not the spirit of travail for the lost anymore. We have been tried and found lacking. God is weighing us against the church of the first century and has found that we do not measure up. We are not what we claim to be, and if we do not change God will spew us out of His mouth.

Where is the Lord God of Elijah? He is waiting for Elijah to call upon Him!

2004/1/24 6:49Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re: Hell No Exits

William King from ETBU (1/13/2003) writes:
"Great Sermon! — Again I am stunned and stirred by this sermon and think it worthy of hearing for this late man of God's power, enthusiasm, and thought provoking sermon on Hell. Many people don't think think about it's reality and importance and this sermon sure does have the ability to cause christians as well as sinners to think about Hell. God bless this ministry."

[url=https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/visit.php?lid=26]Hell No Exits by Leonard Ravenhill[/url] - Again I am stunned and stirred by this sermon and think it worthy of hearing for this late man of God's power, enthusiasm, and thought provoking sermon on Hell. Many people don't think think about it's reality and importance and this sermon sure does have the ability to cause christians as well as sinners to think about Hell.

2005/3/24 12:11Profile
_Disciple_

The Netherlands

Re: Hell No Exits

Quote:

TaKa wrote:

Not everyone who professes the name of Christ will make it to heaven, but only those who do the will of the Father. We are to believe the gospel, but we must also behave the gospel.

this sermon of Leonard Ravenhill stirred me, and it also hit me when he said: "2 things you have to do with The Bible: believe it and behave it"...really a touching confronting sermon.

there is a song (i don't know the author)

Lord make me a servant, humble and meek,
Lord let me lift up, those who are week.
and may the prayer of my heart always be,
make me a servant, make me a servant,
make me a servant today

to be a love slave for Christ

and another song of 2nd Chapter of Acts about inner purity. Purify me.

Living God,
consuming Fire,
burn the sin from my life.
Make Your Will, my desire,
take my life in Your Hands.
Purify me with Your Blood,
till i shine far brighter than purest gold,
in Your Eyes.
Living God.

those two songs i wanted to share, after hearing this sermon.

in Him

William

2005/3/24 16:13Profile

Re:

This is a very powerful sermon. Any of his sermons are great. There is a sign in his office, or former office, that says "Hell No Exits" which he would see everytime he would sit at his desk. If we fully understood the reality of hell many things would change.

2005/3/24 16:56

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy