SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : SermonIndex Announcements : Help write descriptions for the sermons.

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Help write descriptions for the sermons.

[img]https://www.sermonindex.net/images/writing.gif[/img]

[b]Help WRITE descriptions for the sermons.[/b]
If you want to help SermonIndex.net become a better resource site for the body of Christ consider writing descriptions for the 3000+ audio sermons on this site. It's simple, just listen to a sermon, and once you get the idea of what the sermon is about then write a sentance or paragraph summary of the message. Feel free to include the scripture(s) used also.

JUST simply either IM me or email me the description to be put it in at [email protected] by using the [url=https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/contact/]Contact Us form.[/url]. [i]Make sure to include the title of the sermon and the speaker for the description you are submitting to me.[/i]

Reply to this thread if you have any questions or comments, I really feel that many people can get involved in this way. thanks :-D

2004/1/23 19:47Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re: Help WRITE descriptions for the sermons.

Great idea Greg!

2004/1/23 21:13Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Mike (crsschk) has submitted the first description for a sermon here is how he did it, he Private Messaged me the content change like this:
---------------
Description

File ID 3176
Title "The Way of The Cross"
Zac Poonen

If Jesus needed to pray, how much more His followers? Zac Poonen takes us to the cross and along the way delves into the areas of our sacrifice, surrender and suffering in secret.
Many scripture refrences; Luke 3:2,22, Romans 8:36, 1 Cor 7, Heb 5:7, Rev 4, 2 Sam 24, Is 53:2,10 to name a few. A lot of ground covered in this thought provoking message
---------------

Then I was able to update the description on the site see here:
[url=https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/singlefile.php?lid=3176]The Way of the Cross[/url]

:-D any help you can offer in getting descriptions for these sermons would be appreciated!

2004/2/18 8:50Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

I just want to bring this to the forefront again! It would be great for the SermonIndex community to help out as much as possible in getting descriptions for all the sermons on the site. This would be a daunting task for one person, but for 1000's it seems like a very possible reality. What a benefit it would be to the community and also people who want to access and use this online resource. Please get the descriptions to me using the methods outlined above.

It's quite simple, just when you listen to a sermon jot down a few descrptive lines of what the person is trying to get across. Other ideas to help add to the descriptions are: Short quotes from the message, Scriptures Used, Your personal recommendation about it, General topic, Year preached and location, etc..

2004/3/5 0:11Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
This would be a daunting task for one person, but for 1000's it seems like a very possible reality.

Thank you so much for the people that have helped with this project so far to get descriptions done for all the sermons. Brother Ron has finished some great descriptions for speaker 'Devern Fromke'. Some other people have been helping much with the David Wilkerson sermons. Feel free to do this and email the descriptions to me even if its for just one file, God bless you as you continue to seek Christ.

2004/3/21 13:38Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

There is still a definite need for people to help with this if you want to help with this ministry and are listening to some of the sermons this is a great way to do so. Also to find the main scripture verse(s) in the sermon would be very good information to have.

2004/8/13 21:45Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

There is still a huge need for help in this area. Pray about getting involved.

2005/12/18 14:44Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy