Image Map
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Blood Hymns

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Blood Hymns

I put together 5 hymns on the theme of the blood of Jesus Christ for the worship time at a youth meeting here in Kelowna. Here is a pdf that you can download of the 5 songs compiled:

Blood Hymns

What a wonderful thing to sing about the precious blood of Jesus! It is wonderful to sing scripture and doctrine not just read it, what amazing depth these hymns have.

2006/8/26 5:14Profile
PaulWest

Dallas, Texas

Re: Blood Hymns

Thanks for these hymns, brother Greg. I sing them all, and will print out a copy.

I have found no better way of bringing a gospel meeting into the presence of God than by singing the old, holy blood hymns. When a group of believers get together and sing them from the heart, something glorious happens. God the Holy Ghost shows up and tears begin to flow. Brokeness comes sweeping down, and the love of Christ floods my being. When I think of the blood shed for proud rebels such as myself - oh, it breaks me down and crushes my heart. In the bloody mirror of the cross, I plainly see the worm that I am. Oh, how precious to worship God in this setting! I ask that God break my heart every morning, that he tears up the fallow ground and wounds it afresh by giving me a new glimpse into the mirror of Christ's unapproachable purity and my own sinfulness and dishonor. I want to remain low and humble and pained in my spirit. For it is in this condition that my spirit is most receptive to God's still, small voice of correction and the Spirit's gentle wooings of obdeience and consequent bestowals of wisdom. Like Isaac Watts said: "A love so amzing, so divine demands my soul, my life, my all."

Thank you, dear brother, for being sensitive to the [i]old paths[/i], which God continues to honor.

Brother Paul

2006/8/26 10:27Profile
mamaluk

Re:

These hymns give me the goose bumps, and put me to utter shame and gratitude each time when sung or heard.

In the past, I even tried to choreograph one of them with classical ballet, but deemed it blasphemous afterall. How can one disgrace that most horrific and solemn Cross by dancing to it. ( i know some would disagree ).

thanks

2006/8/26 10:43Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re: Blood Hymns

Greg,
These are wonderful hymns. I found a few more to add to the list:

1. The Blood of Christ, Thy Spotless Lamb
2. Blood of His Covenant
3. That Man of Calvary
4. At Calvary
5. The Blood Will Never Lose its Power
6. The Blood Washed Throng
7. My Hope is Built on Nothing Less
8. What a Wonderful Saviour
9. Not All the Blood of Beasts
10. On Calvary's Brow
11. Saved by the Blood
12. Nor Silver Nor Gold
13. Jesus Paid it All
14. Hallelujah, "Tis Done
15. Hallelujah, What a Savior!

I went to http://www.cyberhymnal.org/ and there they have most of these - and the one ones you listed - and you can listen to them. They indeed are beautiful.

Blessings,
ginnyrose

PS: Edit: a misspelled word!

2006/9/3 19:45Profile
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

Why was the blood shed?

John 17:18-26 As thou hast sent me into the world, even so have I also sent them into the world. And for their sakes I sanctify myself, that they also might be sanctified through the truth. Neither pray I for these alone, but for them also which shall believe on me through their word; That they all may be one; as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us: that the world may believe that thou hast sent me. And the glory which thou gavest me I have given them; that they may be one, even as we are one: I in them, and thou in me, that they may be made perfect in one; and that the world may know that thou hast sent me, and hast loved them, as thou hast loved me. Father, I will that they also, whom thou hast given me, be with me where I am; that they may behold my glory, which thou hast given me: for thou lovedst me before the foundation of the world. O righteous Father, the world hath not known thee: but I have known thee, and these have known that thou hast sent me. And I have declared unto them thy name, and will declare it: that the love wherewith thou hast loved me may be in them, and I in them.

This is the Prayer of Christ, knowing the Blood would make this a covenant in the New Testament, that those that God gives to Him, "that the Love
wWherewith thou hast given Me may be in them, and I in them.

Galatians 2:20 I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

The Greatest MYSTERY in the Bible. CHRIST LIVETH IN ME.

Colossians 1:26-28 Even the mystery which hath been hid from ages and from generations, but now is made manifest to his saints: To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is CHRIST IN YOU, THE HOPE OF GLORY: Whom we preach, warning every man, and teaching every man in all wisdom; that we may present every man perfect in Christ Jesus:

Christ in you and you in Christ is the Hope of the World that the Blood of Christ purchased "The hope of Glory" That is Christ in you.

In Christ by the purchased possession, by the Blood which was the full payment for all the purchased possession's of God, that is Christ in us and us in Christ: Phillip

2006/9/4 2:25Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy