Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Grace

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread

Re:

Quote:

mamaluk wrote:

Thanks Orm,while our Lord is so gracecious to me, how can I not carry His same grace to others.
I need to re-edit my prior post, lest I cause others to stumble.

Praise Him !

Stumble?? Perhaps a little stumbling over truth might bring needed rectification to some.

"For it is only right for me to feel this way about you all, because I have you in my heart, since both in my imprisonment and in the defense and confirmation of the gospel, you all are [b]partakers of grace with me"[/b]. Philip. 1:7 (NASB-U)

Grace, Peace, Abba. Cannot the mystery of Christ Jesus, given to us, be seen in these words? Does not intimacy with the Father, solve the mystery?

2006/8/26 6:06
mamaluk

Re:

perfect quote from phil 1:7

i know, but the words i deleted in my earlier post carried a bad tone, that's what i meant when i said that i didnt want to cause anyone to stumble, for its really most appropriate to admonish or exhort ourselves with Scripture rather than our own words sometimes, especially the words that carry ungodly or misleading tone, the words i had to delete earlier

again, love to see this word GRACE early in the day, being reminded of such free and pricelss grace,

Praise FATHER!

2006/8/26 10:22Profile
rookie

Savannah TN

Re: Grace

Brother Carl wrote:

Quote:
The point I'm making is 'We don't have to sin'. If we do, it's a conscious decision we make to do so. But it's not necessary if the Lord is offering us Grace. I have seen myself walk away from Grace, prefering to live in darkness under the Law and sin, unforgiving spirit,vengeful attitude, pride, cold like a stone,

Would you share some testimonies of how Jesus delivered you from one of the situations above?

In Christ
Jeff

2006/8/26 10:30Profile

Re: Your request Jeff for Testimonies about how God delivered me

Dear Jeff
And everyone!

Actually I stuffed up. I said God delivered me but then as soon as I wrote the article Grace closed its doors. The point I am making is not getting rid of sin, but our attitude to it. That's where Grace opens its doors again. It's not the sin since we are all born under it. I thought the Lord had to press some magic button but in actual fact (or sprinkle me with some heavenly powder or slip something in my cup of tea) it's Grace that gives us the right perspective on things. This may sound like a cop-out, but sin can only operate where there is guilt. The Grace from the Lord can remove that guilt. He 'despised the shame, endured the Cross, and sat at the right hand of God'. Bondage can only operate under guilt. There is no condemnation of those who are in Christ Jesus. As long as when you sin you are doing so unwillingly, knowing it's wrong, praying for help, we can be delivered. Eventually (this is my theory) the desire to sin leaves us, like backing the wrong horse. If you were an evil spirit, would you keep trying on someone who keeps refusing? There's no joy in that.

2006/8/29 18:32

Re: Grace

Grace is not mercy though mercy is contained within grace.

Strong's gives us a working definition of Grace.
The Divine influence on the heart and it's reflection out into life.

Couple this with what Paul said of grace in
Titus 2:11,12 For the grace of God has appeared to all men TEACHING US that denying ungodliness and worldy lusts we should live Godly and soberly.

Grace is DIVINE POWER injected into the beleivers life.

God bless, John

2006/9/25 18:43
rookie

Savannah TN

Re:

Brother John wrote;

Quote:
Grace is not mercy though mercy is contained within grace.

Amen

In Christ
Jeff

2006/9/26 4:06Profile
rookie

Savannah TN

Re:

The psalmist writes:

Psa. 119:175 Let my soul live, and it shall praise You;
And let Your judgments help me.

Psa. 119:156 Great are Your tender mercies, O LORD;
Revive me according to Your judgments.

Psa. 119:108 Accept, I pray, the freewill offerings of my mouth, O LORD,
And teach me Your judgments.

Psa. 119:102 I have not departed from Your judgments,
For You Yourself have taught me.

Psa. 119:75 I know, O LORD, that Your judgments are right,
And that in faithfulness You have afflicted me.

Psa. 119:20 My soul breaks with longing
For Your judgments at all times.

What has the Lord taught the psalmist?

What is the result of God's work in the psalmist?

Finally, is this an example of the law or of grace?

In Christ
Jeff

2006/9/26 4:23Profile

Re:

That God's judgments are true.

He longs for God's judgments at all times.

I will say both.

What do you say?

God bless, John

2006/9/26 5:40
rookie

Savannah TN

Re:

I believe these Scriptures speak of a personal relationship between the psalmist and God. If one reads Psalm 119 you will see many more aspects of what it means to have a relationship with God.

If God does not speak what can man do? If God does not correct how can man know what grieves God. I believe this to be grace. The law condemns, but grace has it's impact on the ways of man.

I brought this idea up to speak to the idea of guilt. Many times we attribute condemnation from Satan. Yet, I have not heard of many attribute the work of the Holy Spirit speaking to the hearts of men.

James 4:5 Or do you think that the Scripture says in vain, “The Spirit who dwells in us yearns jealously”?

In this section of Scripture James is identifying the source for which the congregation is stumbling.

How are we to know our heart as God sees it unless the Spirit reveals it to us?

In Christ
Jeff

2006/9/27 0:57Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy