SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Shock&Awe Videos

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 )
PosterThread

Dear brother Josef

You know what I never heard these street preachers ever reference: Matthew 11:28-30, which has to me always been the heart cry of Jesus to the lost:

[b][color=FF0000]Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light".[/color][/b]

That is the Heart and the Ministry of Jesus, that is His loving call to a generation that is lost and hurting.

Why don't they ask the crowd to gather round and talk about this Centerpiece heart cry of Jesus?

Why don't they say, that Jesus is the Father who will never leave you, He will never hurt you, He sees the fear in your heart, the fear and the pain that you endeavour to dull with drugs and alcohol and mindless sex that in the end just leaves you more empty and even deeper in pain. He sees the broken relationships with your parents, or those who hurt you. He is the older Brother that will hold your hand in the middle of the night because of the loneliness you feel
in a world gone cold. He is the father Who will give strength, when you feel totally helpless and hopeless. But He only asks one thing, that you say "Yes" to Him, and that you give all the hurt and pain and grief and fear and hate and sinfulness to Him, and He and you will lay them at the Cross of Calvary.

In return, let Him have sway over your heart, so that you can forgive the parents who hurt you, the friends who betrayed you, to love those who despise you, and He will cleanse your heart, and make you meek and humble of heart, poor in spirit, questing only after righteouness and the Kingdom of Heaven, and you will recieve the gift of the Holy Spirit which will free you from the bonds of death, from the fear of death. Say yes to Jesus and He will give you the gift of faith, a childlike faith who's only response is that "I believe God".

Why dont they say this? Why don't they get close to those who they open air preach to? Say it with love and meekness....why don't they do this?

Why don't they realize that the Gospel is a love song melodied from the Heart of a God who had to bear the agony of seeing His Son suffer such horrific torture, both in the garden and at the Cross. The Gospel is a love song from God, not a shrieking hatefilled rant delivered from kids playing with matches?

And the adults that teach these youngsters such "ministry" are just wolves, ravenous and hard-hearted.

Josef, I'm not a preacher, I'm just an artist who has been blessed of God, flawed...oh yes, but I love Jesus, and am eternally grateful that He spoke into my heart and filled me with His Spirit.

When I saw those videos, including the ones that Patrick put up, I was just heartbroken, how many lost souls are driven away by the repugnant spew that pours from the mouths of zealots playing with matches.

In my spirit, and I pray that I'm wrong, Jesse will NOT listen to any Godly advice, he is set like concrete, not hard-hearted, but hard-headed, replacing the zeal that he used to sell dope with the zeal that he "preaches" his "christ", a vengeful god intent on tossing sinners into the lake of fire.

I pray he turns from this course of disaster, I pray I'm wrong about what my heart testifies. The Lord doesn't need another Jed Smock or his ilk, the world is bad enough, we don't need wolves dressing in the Robes of a saint, shrieking condemnation on the harrassed and hapless sheep.

your brother bartle

2006/8/26 23:26

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy