Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
PosterThread
rookie

Savannah TN

Re:

Brother Phillip wrote:

Quote:
Carnality is overcome by the mind not the flesh. That is what Paul is talking about. Do you have the MInd of Christ? Is Christ In You? Are you a new Creature in Christ? Is the Holy Spirit baptized into you by Christ? Is the Holy Spirit revealing Truth to you about the Christ in you? Are you baptized into Christ by God the Father and sealed by the Holy Spirit, not water baptism.

In 1 Corinthians 1:4-7 Paul affirms that those he is writing to have recieved this grace. Yet most have not come to understand the reality of this grace. Why?

In Christ
Jeff

2006/8/26 10:51Profile
mamaluk

Re:

Art

No offense to Paul Washer, I haven't even listened or really know what he said or why said 'there's no such thing as a carnal Christian'.

Great preachers and authors are only as great as in the eyes or ears of the readers or listeners. They are never the authorities. As great as many of them are, they all do, I dare say, err in some areas (assertions, statements, hermeneutics, exegesis, expositions, exhortations..), some more so than others, just like you and me, for there can not be perfection in man's words or thoughts.

It's most wise and safe to learn Scripture and all of It's precepts by quietly studying It in prayers and with the aid of It's author, the Holy Spirit.

Having said all this, in regards to "perseverance of the saints' an assertion from TULIP (those of you who are Calvinists know what it is), I can sum up that bit of theology into just two words: ( since I love brevity) and they are: IN CHRIST. Perseverance and preservation of saint's faith In Christ.

That is, the spiritual and positional union and seal of believers in Christ. 'Christians' who are not in Christ are not Christians, ( we are not here, and Christ is there sort of thinking) make sense? But you will be surprised to see how many of us forget this primal and crucial understanding all the time, and not just understanding , but to be stone grounded in it's recognition in living our daily lives. This must always be the fundamental consideration in all Christian doctrines.

Romans 10:3 (KJV)
For they (Israel in context) being ignorant of God's righteousness, and going about to establish their own righteousness, have not submitted themselves unto the righteousness of God.

Our righteousness, if any at all, is found only, only in Christ's righteousness. In and of ourselves, there is no righteousness, none.

Sins, carnality, old selves can only be eliminated in Christ. Even so, submit ourselves to the teaching of the Holy Spirit, and test every word and way that comes our way with the Word and by It's Author.

Philippians 1:21
"For to me to live is Christ...."

According to Paul, is Christ, not even to be like Christ, or to try to live like Christ, [i]IS[/i] CHRIST.

2006/8/26 12:06Profile
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

Jeff wrote:

""In 1 Corinthians 1:4-7 Paul affirms that those he is writing to have recieved this grace. Yet most have not come to understand the reality of this grace. Why?""

Because the Church has been preaching good works and repentance, which brings a person into salvation and the keeping of their salvation.

Paul changes this by showing that the born again are faith themselves and Grace themselves, by the Christ that is in them, not by what they do or don't do. The church teaches if you attend church, if you read your bible, if you pay your ties, if you are baptized, if you get plugged into a ministry, If you help with the building program, if you speak in tongues, etc. etc., then you will be pleasing to God and a good Christian that the community can look up to.

Paul says you are a Christian because you believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God and Jesus confirms it. It is what God has done in the believer that makes Grace pure and complete. The Church wants to keep Christians in a state of obedience to the rules and regulations of the church, so they can keep a heavy hand on them and make sure they are conforming to the keeping of the church so the pastors can keep their retirement and medical and salaries and expense accounts. If They preached pure Grace there would be no reason for the members to stay, or so they think.

If a pastor said, that Christ has been born again in you and you are now the righteousness of God on this earth and you don't need anybody to make you who you are in Christ and your faith is now the Faith of Jesus Christ, They are afraid no one would come back. That is the lie of the devil, just the opposite would happen. There would be no condemnation and loving the brethren would be the fruit of the Vine.

If the devil can keep every one in the Body of Christ into churchianity there will always be factions that will split the church. The true Body of Christ could never split because they would be of One Body in Christ, and all would be the complete working Person of Jesus Christ in you the Hope of Glory.

We are the Faith of God and The Faith of Jesus Christ the is in us. This is the Faith that produces Pure Grace and all will proper and come to the Life of Christ that is in us. Works faith is to get something from God. Grace Faith is God doing all for man, again, Christ in you the Hope of Glory. Who's Glory, the Glory of God for what He has done at the Cross in Christ Jesus our Lord. Colossians 1:27-29 To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory: Whom we preach, warning every man, and teaching every man in all wisdom; that we may present every man perfect in Christ Jesus: Whereunto I also labour, striving according to His working, which worketh in me mightily. This is the Faith of Jesus Christ working in Paul, and Pure Grace will bring him home, to the celebration of the Lamb.

By the Grace of God being Christ in us: Phillip

2006/8/29 19:41Profile
rookie

Savannah TN

Re:

Brother Phillip wrote:

Quote:
Paul says you are a Christian because you believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God and Jesus confirms it.

Psalm 71:

15 My mouth shall shew forth thy righteousness and thy salvation all the day; for I know not the numbers thereof. 16 I will go in the strength of the Lord GOD: I will make mention of thy righteousness, even of thine only. 17 O God, thou hast taught me from my youth: and hitherto have I declared thy wondrous works.

Is this how Jesus confirmed it to you?

In Christ
Jeff

2006/8/31 6:15Profile
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

This is how Jesus confirmed my rebirth.

Ephesians 1:6-12 To the praise of the glory of his grace, wherein he hath made us accepted in the beloved. In whom we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of his grace; Wherein he hath abounded toward us in all wisdom and prudence; Having made known unto us the mystery of his will, according to his good pleasure which he hath purposed in himself: That in the dispensation of the fulness of times he might gather together in one all things in Christ, both which are in heaven, and which are on earth; even in him: In whom also we have obtained an inheritance, being predestinated according to the purpose of him who worketh all things after the counsel of his own will: That we should be to the praise of his glory, who first trusted in Christ.

By this: "even in him: In whom also we have obtained an inheritance, being predestinated according to the purpose of him who worketh all things after the counsel of his own will: That we should be to the praise of his glory, who first trusted in Christ."

Then this can come forth in the believer by the Christ that is in Him.

15 My mouth shall shew forth thy righteousness and thy salvation all the day; for I know not the numbers thereof. 16 I will go in the strength of the Lord GOD: I will make mention of thy righteousness, even of thine only. 17 O God, thou hast taught me from my youth: and hitherto have I declared thy wondrous works.

This is what Jesus did, and is still doing it in the believer today, and greater works than these

Jhn 5:20 For the Father loveth the Son, and sheweth Him all things that Himself doeth: and He will shew Him greater works than these, that ye may marvel.

Jhn 14:12 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on Me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater [works] than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father.

As the Father showed Christ, so Christ shows us.

Then in the Righteousness that Christ is made in us we can declare 15 My mouth shall shew forth thy righteousness and thy salvation all the day; for I know not the numbers thereof. 16 I will go in the strength of the Lord GOD: I will make mention of thy righteousness, even of thine only. 17 O God, thou hast taught me from my youth: and hitherto have I declared thy wondrous works. and even greater than these are we by God in Him.

Greater than righteousness, greater than salvation, greater than wisdom, greater than being redeemed, Greater than even being sanctified, That Greater is the wonderful plan of God before the Foundation of the World, That Christ has been birthed in us, and we are now son's of God.

A son as the Son, in Christ; Phillip

2006/8/31 16:19Profile
rookie

Savannah TN

Re:

Brother Phillip wrote:

Quote:
Then in the Righteousness that Christ is made in us we can declare 15 My mouth shall shew forth thy righteousness and thy salvation all the day; for I know not the numbers thereof. 16 I will go in the strength of the Lord GOD: I will make mention of thy righteousness, even of thine only. 17 O God, thou hast taught me from my youth: and hitherto have I declared thy wondrous works. and even greater than these are we by God in Him.

To be in Christ, to know the Life, to understand Salvation is the chief end of His plan. Amen Brother.

Pretaining to this thread, do you see that the Psalmists speaks of being taught by God from his youth. The things that he learned has caused him to testify of His wondrous works. For all who are in Christ, abiding in the vine, should we not all have the ongoing testimony of what Salvation has done today? Faith onto faith, glory onto glory speaks of not only experiencing the rebirth but also a continued testimony of how God is using one according to the works that He has predestined in Christ.

Do you see this happening in your local church?

In Christ
Jeff

2006/9/1 0:14Profile
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

"""Do you see this happening in your local church?"""

Yes Jeff, I see it in the Body of Christ where I attend. It is truly answered prayer.

Six years ago I was in Church and I looked around and God gave me a glimpse of What He is doing. I saw the Spirit of Christ in every person in the Congregation. I told the Pastor and it kinda went over his head. For the Last Six months The Pastor has been seeing that Christ is The Person that is to be shown in every person. What a six years this has been. From seeing a vision to reality. There are still those that don't see, but the teaching is true to Gods Word, that it is truly Christ in you the Hope of Glory that is the great revelation, that Jesus Christ is the Son of God and He is truly birthed in the believer.

1Cr 12:13 For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether [we be] Jews or Gentiles, whether [we be] bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.

Col 1:28 Whom we preach, warning every man, and teaching every man in all wisdom; that we may present every man perfect in Christ Jesus:

By the greatest miracle of all, Christ in us and us Baptized into Christ: Phillip

2006/9/1 1:08Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy