Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : China Soul For Christ

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread
Agent001

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

China Soul For Christ

I don't know if this is the most appropriate place to post this. So help me out, Greg. :)

There are reportedly 70 million Christians in China, many of whom had suffered great persecutions. The China Soul for Christ foundation had released a documentary (DVD with both Chinese and English), "The Cross - Jesus in China," which is probably the first indepth documentary on the testimonies and witnesses of these Christians.

Check out this site:
[url=http://www.chinasoul.com/e/cs-e.htm]
http://www.chinasoul.com/e/cs-e.htm [/url]

2004/1/22 5:13Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re: China Soul For Christ

Have had a interest in this for quite awhile.
This looks like an outstanding resource.
It is just incredible what the Lord is doing there despite the attempts to stop it.
The power of the Gospel!
Thanks for bringing this to our attention, this could be used in so many ways...
I am ordering it.

By the way, have you seen it yet?

2004/1/22 6:46Profile
Agent001

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Re:

I have seen two out of four parts. The first one talks about how Christianity had transformed the lives of Chinese Christians, both schooled and unschooled, rural and urban.

The other one I saw was the fourth part. It talks about how a teenaged sister in the countryside, who did not even graduate from juniour high, received no musical training, came to be filled with the Spirit to compose 900+ original hymns. Many of these hymns are sung by the underground church. The lyrics often described a yearning to have intimacy with God and a willingness to be persecuted. Great lyrics!

Great work God is doing there -- purportedly 70 million Christians!

2004/1/23 4:53Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
Great work God is doing there -- purportedly 70 million Christians!

Praise God, but I am worried about alot of bad Charismatic groups (word faith, prosperity, etc.) that are coming into China and influncing many of these newly converted sheep into the fold. The devil is sowing tares, how I wish God would raise another Godly missionary movement like China Inland Mission. I have read much of Hudson Taylor and especially Jonathan Goforth (he was a missionary that was funded by my church), and they had a genuine power from God to build the church there. I reccomend reading Jonathan Goforths biography what a stirring book. Also Watchman Nee and John Sung where some of the first Chinese to take charge and lead the flocks in China.

2004/1/23 6:40Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re:

Have heard some of this as well.
Maybe someone one out there could inform us better as to what extent. Has this infiltrarted the underground church? Are they recoginized by the TSPM (Three Self Patriotic Movement)?

Agent001, are you farmiliar with any of this?

2004/1/23 7:36Profile
Agent001

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Re: Cults in China

The wheats and tares always grow together. Because of the phenomenal spiritual hunger in China, many Christian or non-Christian cults are also thriving at the same time. One of the bigger ones is known as the "Eastern Lightning" where a woman claimed to be Christ's third coming. They are very secretive, and have always sought to infiltrate home churches of pure faith.

Many of the cults are considered very serious threats by the government, however, they still managed to survive because they run pretty much the same way as the home churches.

Sometimes, it's not as much as cultic teachings, but merely because of a lack of proper bible teaching, different people or groups came up with rather peculiar teachings or practices. There are squabbles over the practices of the Lord's Table, baptism, etc. A group came up with this idea that one needs to be repentant to a point one cries for three days by the moving of the Holy Spirit as a mark of salvation. Anyhow, I think they are genuine Christians with aberrational teachings. The greatest need today is not missionaries, but proper leadership and biblical training.

Finally, there are groups that were mistaken (purposedly or by misunderstanding) as cults and the government exerts a lot of effort to crack them down. The groups associated with Witness Lee's Local Church Movement are known in China as "Shouters," and they are quite badly persecuted. The Shouters may be a little extreme in some of their practices and doctrines, nevertheless, I believe they are genuine Christians and do not deserve the kind of cruel persecutions they face.

Crosschk:

I think cults and heresies more often than not operate in the home churches than the so-called "Three-Self" (official) churches.

2004/1/26 4:06Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re:

Thanks Agent001,

Quote:
I think they are genuine Christians with aberrational teachings.

Well said.
I guess what triggered my question was in part from hearing Mr.Hinn had been accepted by China (his words) awhile back. Don't know if this came to pass or not, my assumption being that it would have been through the TSPC which sounded awfully suspect.

But it should give us impetus to pray for these believers in their persecution as well as for discernment and as you stated for 'proper leadership and biblical training'.

2004/1/26 5:09Profile
Agent001

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Re: Mr. Hinn

For any Christian leader in the West to make an official visit to China, definitely approval from Chinese government is required. The churches visited will most likely be the official churches; but I am sure some secret visits with the house churches can be arranged.

By the way, Billy Graham did great good to the house churches in China during his two visits to China. He openly visited two house churches, one in Guangzhou, another in Beijing (there could be more).

Because of his visit, those two churches were thus placed in the international stage and were therefore sheltered from severe persecutions because of the attention they received.

These two churches actually openly meet as unregistered churches with thousands of members in their worship. Quite an anomaly in an otherwise quite repressive regime!

2004/1/27 3:34Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re:

Quote:
Because of his visit, those two churches were thus placed in the international stage and were therefore sheltered from severe persecutions because of the attention they received.

Quote:
These two churches actually openly meet as unregistered churches with thousands of members in their worship. Quite an anomaly in an otherwise quite repressive regime!

Indeed, yet do they really think they are fooling anybody with this face saving tactic?

2004/1/27 4:08Profile
Agent001

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Re:

Nevertheless, by God's sovereign hand, the pastors were spared from further arrests (not that they didn't get other trouble).

2004/1/28 4:11Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy