SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : What is the mountain?

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
CJaKfOrEsT

Melbourne, Australia

What is the mountain?

Today I was sitting through the painful experience of enduring a sermon tht touched on some "prosperity gospel" type themes, and something occured to me. The minister quoted Mark 11:22-24, and I thought to myself, "What if the mountain is something specific?" I'll leave it at this for now, before sharing the conclusions that I came to, in ableto allow the possibility that I'm not the only one to notice this (this will help silence my own "heresy meter" which goes off whenever I here something that goes against previously taken for granted "party lines").

2006/8/20 9:14Profile

Re: What is the mountain?

(KJV) Mark 11
22 And Jesus answering saith unto them, Have faith in God.

23 For verily I say unto you, That whosoever shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; and shall not doubt in his heart, but shall believe that those things which he saith shall come to pass; he shall have whatsoever he saith.

24 Therefore I say unto you, What things soever ye desire, when ye pray, believe that ye receive [them], and ye shall have [them].

Have faith in God = Hold the faithfulness of God

2006/8/20 9:25
CJaKfOrEsT

Melbourne, Australia

Re:

Quote:

whosoever shall say unto [b]this[/b] mountain

To point out more specifically, is this refering to a [b]specific[/b] mountain, instead of just a general [b]insumountable problem[/b]?

Could this be the "hill of the Lord", of which it is said that only those with a pure heart and clean hands, who have not sworn deceitfully nor lifted their hearts to vanity can ascend? Could this be the answer to the problem of the inability to "look into the face of God and live"?

Could it also be that the fruitless tree can only be planted on this mountain if it is cast into the sea? Could this in turn be the only answer to the fruitless tree bringing forth fruit again, after being cursed at the word of th Lord?

2006/8/21 6:07Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy