SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : The Body and the Head

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
JoeA

Decatur, Illinois

The Body and the Head

I was thinking last night about all the divisions in the Body of Christ, how there are so many disagreements. I started thinking about the one thing all truly born-again believers can agree on, is that the most important thing to do is glorify the Head. Yet even though we believe this, many of us won't get together (i'm not talking about ecuminism, i'm talking about true Christians) and glorify Jesus.

I started thinking about my own body, and how every member takes orders from my head. My feet have a different job than my eyes, and my hands than my ears, but they all have one thing in common: they all take orders from my head. If my right hand decided to take over for my left foot, i'd be in big trouble. But since my head directs them to do what they need to do, all is well.

Similarly, some parts of my body have a more public task than others. No one can see my heart beating, yet it is the most important organ i have.

It's the same way with the Body of Christ. What i'm trying to say is, if our mortal fleshly bodies obey our heads, why can't the Body of Christ obey it's Head in everything? It's all about doing the will of the Head, yet the hand wants to do this, and the foot wants to do that. The eye wants to look down on the nose, and the ears don't want to listen to the mouth. And if the heart wanted to stop pumping (intercessory prayer), the whole Body would shut down.

As silly as this may have sounded, since we are "member of [b]His[/b] body, of [b]His[/b] flesh, and [b]His[/b] bones", wouldn't it be right to just start taking orders from the Head?

2006/8/19 13:21Profile
hmmhmm

Sweden

Re: The Body and the Head

Amen!

2006/8/19 13:33Profile

Re: The Body and the Head

Quote:
since we are "member of His body, of His flesh, and His bones", wouldn't it be right to just start taking orders from the Head?

Frankly, if we're [i][b]not[/i][/b] taking orders from the Head (Jesus directly, or through the Spirit), can we lay claim to being part of [u]His Body[/u]?

2006/8/20 8:31
JoeA

Decatur, Illinois

Re:

Quote:
Frankly, if we're not taking orders from the Head (Jesus directly, or through the Spirit), can we lay claim to being part of His Body?

That was the point i was trying to make. But how many of us do God's will just as naturally as our hands perform tasks without much thought? It should be natural to flow with the Body and do Christ's will, yet, who can say that they are walking worthy of the Lord unto all well pleasing?

I guess i'm just grieved at the lack of reverence for God and love for one another i see so often.

EDIT>>> i just realized how that looks. i don't mean i see thathere, i mean what i see in my own Church, and hear about other Churches

2006/8/20 14:26Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy